PDA

View Full Version : Rear tire rub [ wanted help ]

EDM6VIP
01-15-2007, 11:00 PM
situation.............

recently lowered my car by cutting stock coils 1 coil (all 4) i noticed the rear passenger tire rubs

wheels/tires

17x8 (all around) 225/45/17 front 245/45/17 rear

but the weird thing is it's only rubbing on the passenger side ???

c280nz
01-15-2007, 11:34 PM
yea the guards arnt even on both sides.
either
take off the plastic inner guards to stop it rubbing
or
massage the inner guard in a bit softly with a hammer until it clears the inside of the guard and stops rubbing (my prefered option)

although it may only be rubbing on the plastic guard insert in which case i would just let it wear in a bit and itl stop rubbing by itself.

from memory there was a tube which run up the inside of the guard which i had to make a larger grove into the body for the tube to make more room

Denlasoul
01-16-2007, 06:24 AM
Ed-

You seriously need to use the Search function on the site. Almost every question you have posted has been asnwered or addressed already.

EDM6VIP
01-16-2007, 08:43 AM
sending the link.....would be better than telling me that....because i already know and i didnt want to use the search button...

Denlasoul
01-16-2007, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by EDM6VIP
sending the link.....would be better than telling me that....because i already know and i didnt want to use the search button...
Not my fault you're lazy. Whats the use of saving all the information if noone evers wants to search for it? What good is it to have 30000000 posts talking about the same thing?

How about this, I'll Area 51 any of your posts that have been discussed already. Will that initate you to use the Search funciton?

Espresso
01-16-2007, 09:07 AM

Are you f***in serious?
Just..wow.

Denlasoul. After his comment like that. I HIGHLY suggest you do what you recommended.
I f***kin hate lazyass people.

Luwin1026
01-16-2007, 09:42 AM
The search function is not only an issue about laziness, but also of the wealth of information that can be found. A lot of users are wary of posting the same responses over and over again to the same type of questions, so it would benefit to the one asking a particular question to search and see if the question had been addressed before rather than starting a thread that might only solicit a few replies.

With that being said,

It can rub only on the passenger side due to weight issues, or perhaps cutting the coil isn't an exact science, etc., etc. -

Try isolating the exact cause/frequency of the rub - is it when you hit a dip? Or go over a bump? Or is it pretty constant, etc., etc.

Without seeing your car/setup, the general suggestion I'd give is -

Roll your fender, or try swapping spring pads to a thicker one (Dot 5, etc.)

EDM6VIP
01-17-2007, 10:46 PM
people here say too many things about people who doesn't use *search*.... you all trying to act clean and never done it, you know DAMN well you've done it too....

truth hurts...

just something you guys should think about!

it's just a *search* button (it's not the end of the world) if you don't like people that doesn't use that button, the best thing to do is leave the thread alone and don't post any comments...

posting your comments only repeats itself 30000000000 times.....

jnolte
01-17-2007, 11:00 PM
people here say too many things about people who doesn't use *search*.... you all trying to act clean and never done it, you know DAMN well you've done it too....

truth hurts...

just something you guys should think about!

it's just a *search* button (it's not the end of the world) if you don't like people that doesn't use that button, the best thing to do is leave the thread alone and don't post any comments...

posting your comments only repeats itself 30000000000 times.....

Are you deaf? You never listen huh? You got ADD issues? No one wants to help you because you dont even want to help yourself!

personally,i think its rubbing because your to fucking dumb to cut springs right and its problay all crooked and uneven but check and see what is rubbing, if its a part that can be shaved down with a dremel then do it.

Rubbing problems are pretty self explanitory.

EDM6VIP
01-17-2007, 11:02 PM
ok Dr. Phil !

jnolte
01-17-2007, 11:05 PM
ok Dr. Phil !

someone from the bay go and beat this 16 year old smart ass.

DRM
01-18-2007, 03:02 AM
Originally posted by jnolte
Are you deaf? You never listen huh? You got ADD issues? No one wants to help you because you dont even want to help yourself!

personally,i think its rubbing because your to fucking dumb to cut springs right and its problay all crooked and uneven but check and see what is rubbing, if its a part that can be shaved down with a dremel then do it.

Rubbing problems are pretty self explanitory.

haha that's some funny shit

Espresso
01-18-2007, 05:20 AM
ok Dr. Phil !
He may be Dr phil.

But you are like one of those stupid ass little 10 year olds, that beat their parents, are a drug addict, drunk, & skip school all the time.

You are f***in retarded.
Like he said. Look at what is rubbing & figure out what it is. It is not rocket science...then again neither is searching.

Just PURE lazyness.

Denlasoul
01-18-2007, 06:08 AM
Thread Closed.

Keep personal attacks off the Board.

Luwin1026
01-18-2007, 06:10 AM
I'm going to go ahead and close this thread as well - personal attacks on the forum are unnecessary (most of the time) and should be left to private PM's or email.

Consider this a warning (not singling anyone out, and I don't care who started it, etc., etc. - but anyone who decides to further personal attacks in the future should reconsider).

Have a great Thursday!