PDA

View Full Version : Just plain WEIRD???

jnolte
08-19-2003, 10:01 PM
Whenever my C36 is near having the gas light on or when the gas light on it has like no power. It shakes violenty at stop lights and accelerates slow. The whole car kinda rumbles also. Now when i fill the tank up this stops. Is the car like haveing trouble pulling fuel outta the bottom of the tank>>??

FreeStyler
08-19-2003, 10:14 PM
Off topic but.............can I see a pic of you car? Please....

CKlasse
08-19-2003, 10:18 PM
False reading on your gas gauge maybe? You might be just running out of gas!

If you eliminated that possibility check fuel filter, fuel pump, regulator, and direct injectors -- respectively. :(

jnolte
08-19-2003, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by FreeStyler
Off topic but.............can I see a pic of you car? Please....

If you got o Benzworld.org and go to gallery then go to the w202 section. find my portfolio it says Jnoltes Silver M3 Killa. Click that and then you can see pics of my car. I need to get more up to date ones though. The pics dont have my drop on them. Just imagine it slammed on the ground 3 inches lower!!

jnolte
08-19-2003, 10:49 PM
http://www.benzworld.org/gallery/goto.asp?id=19375

C280 JR
08-20-2003, 06:03 AM
you know i believe it could be that when you wait till the very last drop before you refil your gas, the fuel pumps suck in all the particles that are on the bottom of the tank, and that just clogs upthe pipes, and makes your car shake because its not getting enough fuel, and the car wants to turn off!

Elvir

dumpsta
08-20-2003, 09:49 AM
My late C43 did that when I ran out of gas once like C280JR said. It just shakes and rumbles when idling. Give it a few revs and it goes away but comes back after a while.

Took it to the dealership and they told me it was caused by a vacuum in the fuel injection system caused by running out of gas.

Brabus
08-20-2003, 12:37 PM
Running out of gas and still trying to run on it is a no no and hurts the car badly...

jnolte
08-20-2003, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Brabus
Running out of gas and still trying to run on it is a no no and hurts the car badly...

Well no shit. But its not empty when it does this like i had said before....

CKlasse
08-20-2003, 12:59 PM
Jnolte,

I believe Brabus is trying to say what I said... You are SIMPLY RUNNING OUT OF GAS. It's a faulty reading on your gauge. Comprende? :D