PDA

View Full Version : Paint code for accent color on bumpers?

DirectLA
01-24-2007, 09:19 AM
I recently had a kind neighbor scuff the crap out of my front bumper and now I need to touch it up but I can only find the main body paint code, but not one for the accent color on my car.

I have a '99 230 Kompressor and the color is #744 Brilliant Silver and the accent strip is a metallic grey color for which I can't find a color code. I went to the dealer and he showed me that the computer only shows them the main body color so he couldn't tell me which paint to buy.

Does anyone know what number is the correct one to identify the accent color or how I could go about getting it if Mercedes can't help? It doesn't need body work, pretty small, so a bottle of touch up is all I need until it gets a few more noticeable scuffs.

xvvvz
01-24-2007, 09:35 AM
I bet your metallic accent strip is lighter than the metallic strip on a black 99, but just in case they are the same, the part code for the graphite metallic colored touchup is A 000 986 08 50.

DirectLA
01-24-2007, 10:01 AM
This is helpful anyway because if I can compare mine to a black one and it is the same it might solve the problem. Thanks!

Proven Guilty
01-24-2007, 11:10 AM
I believe DLS (Denlasoul, one of the moderators) posted a link a while back that had covered every single color combo / OEM paint code that included the accent trim, but I don't have time to search for it. If its not posted later today, I'll do some tracking for you. :bunny:

DirectLA
01-24-2007, 11:27 AM
I tried combinations of searching under his username and "paint" "color" etc., but no luck so far. I'll post if I do find it but otherwise any help would be appreciated finding the info when you do get some spare time.

I called the dealer with the part number I was offered earlier and he said I am missing the last 4 digits, but he was confused and was telling me my car must have been repainted because the computer only shows one color. I assured him it is all factory original paint so he is at a loss. It seems Mercedes simply didn't put the accent color in their logs for dealers.

I'll keep searching but thanks for everyone's continued help!

DirectLA
01-24-2007, 12:01 PM
I found this code on another site as being the accent color they used but it was for a '99 ML, would it still match my car with main body code of #744?

Part #: A 000 986 08 50 7700

DirectLA
01-24-2007, 12:58 PM
I found this website which lists the accent colors for all Mercedes and the various colors as long as you have the main color code.

http://www.paintscratch.com/

I am going to order it's recommended color (from Dealer) and see if it actually matches what's on my car. I'll update when I find out so we all know if this is a good resource for future use.

In the meantime any verification is appreciated.

For the record, it shows my color match to #744 as being "Atlas Grey" or
part # A 000 986 0850 7181

Proven Guilty
01-24-2007, 03:13 PM
yep, that's the website i was talking about. nice work!