PDA

View Full Version : wrong wiring harness need help

redc36
01-25-2007, 11:35 AM
Hi guys
well after changing throttle body on my C36 i noticed that my wiring harness is kaput but i decided to wait until my car shut off suddenly while i was parked.
so after some research I ended up getting part from MercedesShop.com from a guy named Phil. Really nice and friendly fellow so after i was gave my VIN number and few phone calls he ordered me C36 harness for 920$. Its a lot of money for me but hey i said at least the car will run properly. As i was ordering the part for 920$ he was also mentioning another wiring harness for 700$ but based on my VIN since it was early 95 i had to get the expensive one.
So yesterday i receive the part which BTW is 202 540 7905 and proceed installing it. my friend was helping me out on it and got it done by 1am. all tired we plug in the last wires and go to close sparkplug/injector cover just to F***ing realize the damn rubber mold the wires are in does not fit into groves. after 5 hours of installing this shit does not fit. So screw it we ripped the rubber apart and somehow shoved it in there and tightened the lid. then the wires on the side next to TB in the plastic bay attached properly to the engine but the damn plastic cover again does not fit.
F*** the cover again. but in my head i am thinking damn do i have something special of what. but after all that the car ran thank god.

So i call Mr Phil the next day and give him my VIN number again and he tells me that they send me C280 part b/c his supplier computer has wrong part numbers and after verifying part number with them he ordered it from the dealer so there are no returns. hey i am not even worried about return since the damn rubber is all ripped to get my car going. but he was nice enough to say he will take it back and give me refund. but whats that gonna do for me b/c the rubber is ripped so he wont take it plus taking it out again and all the time spent alreay. i am soooo f===ing pissed.

So my question for you guys
1. how much have you guys paid for C280 wiring harness. i just want to know if i got ripped off.
2. can i run my car with that wiring harness? (i mean it runs now but is there any danger)
3. when we were installing the wiring harness we had to reuse one of the wires which was part of the big plug (we took that plug apart it had 3 connectors inside) between the headlight and washer fluid container.
Is THIs NORMAL?
4. how much have you guys paid for C36 wiring harnesses. supposedly he told me its part # 202 540 0332 now

anyways hopefully someone can shed some light

Denlasoul
01-25-2007, 11:40 AM
#1: Click me (http://www.club202.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3583&highlight=wiring+harness)

#4: Click me (http://www.club202.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=916&highlight=wiring+harness)

redc36
01-25-2007, 11:59 AM
thanks Denlasoul
so basically i got fukked in all the ways. wrong parts plus got ripped off. i am going to try calling Amex and stopping charges until it gets resolved.
does anyone have answers to my other questions