PDA

View Full Version : Steering rack or allignement?

ChristianDK
01-26-2007, 02:08 AM
Hi all.

When I drive slow and turn the steeringwheel close to or to max, then one of the front wheels make a sort of bumping/cracking noise. I think, that the "outer" wheel of which ever way I am turning sort of "skids"

Is this normal?

Cheers from Copenhagen

taimyshukah
01-28-2007, 10:42 AM
I think I'm having the same problem except I don't hear that noise. When I'm making a u-turn, it feels like my front wheels kind of "slip" during the turn. I noticed this began to happen after I got my 18s though.

davis449
01-29-2007, 07:44 AM
I have the exact same problem and have had it since I've had the car. Never really experienced the skidding until I put 225/50/16's on and then even more when I switched to staggered 17's. I've been through this a million times with the dealer and they say they can't find anything wrong with my car and so far I haven't had any true ill driving effects from it aside from a slight vibration between 60 and 70 mph. I've had my steering "tightened" by the dealer to the tune of $250 and that did nothing but make the sound more pronounced and, of course, tighten up my steering. I really would love to find out where this comes from.