PDA

View Full Version : Wiper movement

benzonline
01-26-2007, 07:14 AM
I posted about the wiper movement on my 202 but got deleted after the site problems.

Anyways, its moving a bit slower than usual but then again its very cold out now. I dont use it much when its very cold to try not to break anything. Its been re-greased 6months ago but maybe its moving slower due to the cold or the grease I used? It was hydraulic clear type grease which is very heavy duty and its used in Caterpillar machine equipment.

Which specific grease should I use though if this is the issue? White grease is just.........cheap.

Wermacht123
01-26-2007, 08:26 AM
So thats what happned top the post, well if you didnt get my post earlier this is what I know about slowing wipers. I've had my car through 3 winters here in MA, and never once had my wiper started to slow down. The only time I ever had this problem is right before the electric motor gearing died. Now i have a new electric motor and all is well, even in the -25 degree weather we are having right now. So my advice to you is to bring it in and get it checked out. Hope it is nothing, but good luck. -Kyle

benzonline
01-26-2007, 09:09 AM
I will thanks!

bleveled
01-26-2007, 01:50 PM
Mine was the same when I got my car,96' 280.Searched it online,popped the cover off ,wiped it down,juiced it with white lithium.Perfect ever since.U take it in to get it "checked out",they gonna check a grand out of your pocket for a motor.Different Grease's have many different properties,and therefore specific applications.And prices.Just cause lube says Boeing or Cat on the side,it might be only for the threads on electrical connector backshells.Don't mean it is the right grease for any situation.White lithium is in fact cheap but guess why it's recommended?Cause it just right for the job.

Wermacht123
01-26-2007, 02:45 PM
Yeah, I did the whole grease thing. The white lithium works fine, do the grease, but if that doesnt work get it checked, you dont want to have it fail in the middle of a rainstorm, trust me on that one. When my electric motor was replaced it only cost me $200.