PDA

View Full Version : Ported/Polished Intake Manifold

Nitrogenbalance
02-01-2007, 04:28 PM
So I found this on Ebay for an awesome price. For those that don't know what they are looking at, it is an entire intake manifold assembly from an M113 V8 or in my case my C43. It has the TB with it as well. I'm looking for a CL600 80mm TB but may attempt to have this extra one opened up a bit if the walls look thick.

I should have this delivered any day now!! Once I get it I will post pictures of it opened up. There are multiple pieces within. It is a very interesting design once you see one taken apart. I plan on a full diassemble with full blueprint, port, and polish of all runners and there will be alot of nip tuck here and their. I may have the exterior polished but will most likely go with a chrome like cermic coat for heat disapating and the fact that I'm too lazy to polish the whole damn thing...

Durring this time I am also having the supercharger intake and discharge pipes extrude honed to smooth the interior. The blower itself is being sent to steigemeier to have the pulley milled down for 6psi compared to 4psi. Also to have the case and TB ported/polished as well as having the rotors stripped and polished to better withstand the H20/meth injection I will be using for cooling. With my setup I'm able to mist into the blower which will be more effecient and will actually increase boost slightly as well:D

My last dyno got me 342whp so I have no problem in saying this will bring me up to 400whp or more. Wish me luck. Much more to come, I just have to start one thing at a time during these winter months.

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k198/nitrogenbalance/ML430intakemani2.jpg

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k198/nitrogenbalance/ML430intakemani.jpg

jnenad16
02-01-2007, 05:03 PM
according to your sig, you have a SC. why would you want to replace it with a manifold?

nenad

Nitrogenbalance
02-02-2007, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by jnenad16
according to your sig, you have a SC. why would you want to replace it with a manifold?

nenad

My setup still uses the regular M113 manifold. The SC is mounted to the side just like a vortech setup. It is an HPS gen 1 which uses a magnusun MP90. It is not like a kleemann or renntech setup which replaces the intake mani.

Pagz
02-02-2007, 12:18 PM
Nice!,theres usually some room for improvment in mass produced OE stuff...hope you find the horsies your after;)

Nitrogenbalance
02-02-2007, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by 23K
Nice!,theres usually some room for improvment in mass produced OE stuff...hope you find the horsies your after;)

I'm kinda following what a guy did with his manifold on an all stock CLK55. He picked up a dyno confirmed 25hp. With the forced induction adding to the need for flow I hope to get the same if not more. Add the blower port/polish, boost increase, and meth/H20 I should have a fast car pretty soon.:D