PDA

View Full Version : door handle problem

DRM
02-02-2007, 06:49 PM
Hey guys,

Okay well I took my car into the shop to have the door handles removed / painted. They called me saying that they can't get the front ones off, so if I can get them off they will paint them for me.

So today I go to open the passenger side door and the door handle doesn't work, you have to pull at it really hard and fast then it will open. I left the car with them and all the door handles were in working order, you can see that they have fiddled with them as they didn't even replace the rubber seals properly lol...

I am going to take it in Monday morning to get them to fix it, but I was wondering if it is an easy fix? Maybe it is a loose screw somewhere that they didn't screw back in? Has anyone else's door handles acted like this? If so I can do it myself and save all the going back and forth.

Thanks.

AirPost
02-02-2007, 08:33 PM
This might help.

How to remove door handles (http://mbclub.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=14523) ;)

Disregard. Saw that you just posted there.

DRM
02-02-2007, 09:16 PM
lol thanks anyway!

DRM
02-04-2007, 11:25 PM
Alright well, just had the biggest fkn argument I have had in a while, the door handle is now fixed (they said they didn't touch it LOL), and I found out one of my front indicator's pull tab was broken off so the light wouldn't sit in (they superglued it LOL) then denied it.

So yeah they still deny that they touched the door handle and the indicator light but they are buying me a new light and they fixed the handle LOL. Never going back to those dodgy pricks again.