PDA

View Full Version : Engine start problem

LiMuBai
02-03-2007, 04:50 AM
My car some times does not start in a single attempt.
Though this does not happen that often, I do sometimes have problem starting the car. I guess it has some thing to do with the air sensor or something.
Has any one ever had a problem like this?
My car is 4 cylinder model. (C200)

1DOPE230
02-04-2007, 10:06 AM
My car does this as well. I don't know why but my solution is to turn the key to the #1 position for 5 seconds before turning to #2 and starting.

OCKlasse
02-04-2007, 10:37 AM
I get this also (98 C230). It happens maybe once every two months...I don't know how to explain it. It takes me three times to get it to start, but like I said, it happens very seldom. :o

Benzon
02-04-2007, 10:43 AM
My car will crank and crank, and then turn over. Sometimes jsut turns over fine, sometimes cranks turns then dies. I think it might be the fuel pressure regulator.... It runs fine in drive and pulls hard, but when i put it in park and sit there (such as waiting for someone to come out of a building or whatever) will run weak and almost die, but not die. Anyone got any info on fixing there problems?

shandy
02-09-2007, 04:24 AM
Originally posted by Benzon
My car will crank and crank, and then turn over. Sometimes jsut turns over fine, sometimes cranks turns then dies. I think it might be the fuel pressure regulator.... It runs fine in drive and pulls hard, but when i put it in park and sit there (such as waiting for someone to come out of a building or whatever) will run weak and almost die, but not die. Anyone got any info on fixing there problems?
With your engine running at idle ,pull off the vacuum pipe from your fuel pressure regulator on the end of the injector rail.If there is any fuel leakage from the connector you need to replace the fuel pressure regulator.

Benzon
02-09-2007, 02:40 PM
I did that and the tip of the FPR (that the Vacuum hose slides onto) definitely smells like gas.

allirroz
02-10-2007, 11:55 AM
I am no expert but could be this

"ALL MERCEDES MODELS - Intermittent poor/non start or poor idle/running. Has vehicle got overvoltage protection relay (also called OVP relay or surge protection relay)? If yes REPLACE! any problems here can cause fuel injection system mis-operation."

http://www.carelect.demon.co.uk/merc.html

http://www.mercedesshop.com/shopforum/showthread.php?t=116605

Benzon
02-11-2007, 08:36 AM
Sound's somewhat like the problem, only I believe I read on here that when people have that problem there whole car acts possessed. I'll do the FPR and then if still have problem look into that, Thanks for the info.

allirroz
02-11-2007, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Benzon
. I'll do the FPR and then if still have problem look into that, Thanks for the info.

Is your CEL on? I remember having the same issue with the fuel pressure regulator on a E320 I-6 which also turned on my CEL.

Benzon
02-11-2007, 03:25 PM
No CEL, ever. Only lights I've had were when I disconnected my battery. BAS/ESP (easy reset).