PDA

View Full Version : Tranny downshifting problems and throttle issues

redc36
02-03-2007, 05:42 AM
Hi everyone
i recently replaced my throttle body and my wiring harness (from c280 brand new even though my car is C36) and started noticing that my car is having issues downshifting. i need to really push the pedal down to downshift. seems like there is huge delay. i almost need to go to kickdown switch to downshift. otherwise car shifts gears fine when driving normal even though i need to push accelerator a lot more/deeper in order for the car to move at a normal pace. also a idle if i push accelerator there is almost a 1 sec delay before rpms react.
what could it be ? vacuum tube or something?
also my car is 95 c36 4 speed tranny

Proven Guilty
02-03-2007, 08:41 AM
it sounds like you need to reset everything in the computer and tcu, related to the throttle body data (adaptive shifting transmissions on our W202s)

there was a process for it that included pressing the gas pedal down and holding for two minutes with the key in the on position. i would also recommend disconnecting the negative terminal of the battery for 15 minutes.

search and you will find :D

redc36
02-03-2007, 09:49 AM
is 4 speed tranny adaptive? i though it was only for 5 speed?

jnenad16
02-03-2007, 11:38 AM
have you adjusted the throttle-clutch linkage? try tightening it a quarter-turn each time and test drive for changes. also, check if your kickdown solenoid is connected, its the single pin connector at the back of the transmission.

nenad