PDA

View Full Version : philips silver vision for corners

benzdude
08-20-2003, 01:36 PM
I've got a pair of philips silver vision bulbs for my clear corners
but they dont work correctly.

when they are installed, both front corners blink at the same time.

I noticed that the old bulb has two separate contacts however the philips only has one. is this the reason?

I know someone got this to work. please help.

98_Benzo
08-20-2003, 02:01 PM
Yes that is the reason. You can not use a single filament bulb in a double filament socket, I found that one out from experience.

Luwin1026
08-20-2003, 03:26 PM
Yup - that's the problem - but don't fret - just take out the bulbs and put them in the rear signals, and then get double-filament ones for the front.

98_Benzo
08-20-2003, 03:46 PM
Good point Luwin, That's what I did when I found that out. Have you already put the bulbs in the front lights? You know what looks really funny, put a single filament in one side on the front and a double filament on the other side in the front......You will have all your lights doing weird things, it looks pretty funny to other drivers when you switch your turn signals on though (your brake lights flash and your front turn signals stay on and don't flash) That is what happened to me!!! It was a great experience. My friend thought that it was funny, so some day I am going to switch out his lights on him and see how he likes it.

Oh yah, don't leave them like that for a long time, you will end up shorting out your wires and the bulbs will explode.