PDA

View Full Version : possible to get MAF/MAS less tune??

illusionaryline
02-05-2007, 05:09 AM
hey guys havnt posted for a while but ive got a quick question, ive been told by a few people that it is possible to get the ecu tuned to run without a MAF/MAS, is this possible? and will the dealership do it? are there any benefits/cons?

Denlasoul
02-05-2007, 07:58 AM
How does the car determine how much fuel to use without the air meter?

Pagz
02-05-2007, 11:10 AM
Yes cars do run without an airflow meter...like honda,which use a combination of sensors being throttle position,Manifold absolute pressure(MAP) and air temp.

As far as running the 202 off these sensors it could be possible but you would need full in-depth wiring diagram of the system you run before you could decide where to cut and solder all those wires;)

you really hate your MAS that much?:D....i dont think there would be much benifit it doing this...the gain would probably come from a good performance tune if anything.

Denlasoul
02-05-2007, 12:34 PM
After thinking about it, if you got rid of the MAS then your car will basically be running like WOT, right? If that is the case, then great when you are taking off, but when you are just recreational driving your car will think it is WOT mode and you would consume more gas.

That sound about right?

omeyhomey
02-05-2007, 12:49 PM
MAS is a much better system why would u want to get rid of it. What would be best is to run a piggy back like Apexi SAFC2, that would be and awesome tuning tool for our benzes.

illusionaryline
02-05-2007, 09:08 PM
hey guys, yeh i didnt have anyidea about it, a mechanic friend of a friend suggested it im guessing he doesnt know shit.

kyo216
02-05-2007, 11:26 PM
that mechanic must be smoking crack.

car maniac
02-08-2007, 01:48 PM
who ever told you to take off MAS, he is thinking to himself that he is smarter than german engineer !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i wonder why he is not in german and be the head of engineer !!!!!!!!!!!!! bunch of bull crap i think !!!!!!! hehehe... no offense.....