PDA

View Full Version : how to turbo a 99 c 280 its a v6 no inline

Nelson Lago
02-12-2007, 08:11 PM
can any one tell me how to turbo a c280 v6 people have been turboing c 230s but i ask where thay get the kit and waiting for a reply e mail me at OoBENZ24oO@yahoo.com

jnolte
02-12-2007, 08:12 PM
lol

trymonlam
02-12-2007, 09:03 PM
well, i am not sure if you have notice this, no kits are available for w202. the turbo setup you see of people's 230 are all custom.

RemoLexi
02-12-2007, 09:03 PM
I will give you a real honest answer, I am turbo'in my C230 right now, and its not easy so think twice as hard on a C280 V6.

first off, V6 I dont exactly know how much room there is, you may want to consider supercharging it.

but if you have the money to spend on a turbo project your best bet is to go twin-turbo but two smaller sized turbo for quicker spool and safer on the engine with a low-boost setup.

now, as far as getting the turbos' the headers and all the parts you would have to go all custom on this part. do the math.

Honestly, in your shoes, if I had your engine, Id just get that custom pulley OmeyHomey has in the production line soon, then think exhuast, cold air intake, maybe fuel injecters as a minor fuel upgrade, get that Speed Innovation chip and see what that gives you - it will give you very good results and best bang for the buck. Although I have no clue who im giving advice to, so if you have the ability and knowledge for something as sophisticated as a twin-turbo'd V6, sure go for it - be planned it will take some load of salad!

;)

benzofanatic
02-12-2007, 09:50 PM
i also have a 99 c280 and wanted to do the same thing. for cost it would make more sense to just buy a c43 or another faster car. unless you know how to do the work all your self and would like a fun project then go for it. that would be awsome to see.

I was also hoping for the same thing cuz a turbo charged 280 would be fun!

Proven Guilty
02-12-2007, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by jnolte
lol

omeyhomey
02-13-2007, 12:10 AM
The V6 is not nearly as strong as the M104 I6. The I6 can take rediculous amounts of abuse b/c of its cast iron block and solid over engineered construction. where as the V6 was more of an economical solution. I agree C32 Kompressor would be much better route than a turbocharger, the hard part is getting a AMG SC. realistically if HPS Gen1 kits start selling for $5k (via Godspeed) that will be your best bet by far for good cheap SC gains.

Nelson Lago
02-13-2007, 04:42 AM
Ok thax guys on the harsh replay but thank you for replying i do know about turbos because im going to U.T.I a automotive collage and im learning a bout turbos now. I know going to be a basterd to do but im a person that likes to have a one of a kind car and i want to shut up all the Mercedes haters. The twin turbo set up sounds like the way to go but the hard thing is, is tuning the MAF and ingtion timing and possably the pcm but small boost like 7lb wount be bad And im sorry im kinda new to a form so what does AMG SC mean, I know what AMG is but not SC and whats a HPS Gen 1

matt09
02-13-2007, 05:36 AM
LOL...

jnolte
02-13-2007, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by Nelson Lago
Ok thax guys on the harsh replay but thank you for replying i do know about turbos because im going to U.T.I a automotive collage and im learning a bout turbos now. I know going to be a basterd to do but im a person that likes to have a one of a kind car and i want to shut up all the Mercedes haters. The twin turbo set up sounds like the way to go but the hard thing is, is tuning the MAF and ingtion timing and possably the pcm but small boost like 7lb wount be bad And im sorry im kinda new to a form so what does AMG SC mean, I know what AMG is but not SC and whats a HPS Gen 1

SC= Super Charger

HPS= A contreversial tuning company that makes superchargers for benzos.

Look up the Mosselman twin turbo kit

omeyhomey
02-13-2007, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by jnolte
SC= Super Charger

HPS= A contreversial tuning company that makes superchargers for benzos.

Look up the Mosselman twin turbo kit

HPS Gen 2 is the only controversial SC, HPS gen 1 was rock solid and never had reliability issues and if Godspeed picks it up they will start selling for $5k. Gen2 is garbage