PDA

View Full Version : Throttle Body Accuator

pguard
02-13-2007, 12:03 PM
From all that I have learned and what the experts are telling me, it looks like it's time for a Throttle Body Accuator changeout. Anybody have any input on rebuilt vs. new. The new ones are way expensive. I have found at least 3 places that rebuild them. any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks Greg

Proven Guilty
02-13-2007, 01:04 PM
i haven't done one for a mercedes yet, but the rebuilds were generally as good as the brand new ones for the american cars

jnenad16
02-13-2007, 03:11 PM
there are several places that rebuild them. if you search the site, there are many links and phone numbers for mercedes parts and rebuilders.

nenad

Sulaco
02-16-2007, 09:36 AM
I'm going with a rebuilt one the minute I need one (which shouldn't be too far off).

Matter of fact....

Yesterday I stopped and looked at a stock 2000 C280. I wasn't serious about it, was just curious. Remember, mine is a 1994 C280 m104 with 185k miles. The 2000 had 100k miles.

Anyways. The difference in performance was uncanny. If memory serves me correctly, the m104 is supposed to just barely outperform the V6 in the 1997+ C280's. This thing would have run circles around my old POS.

Makes me wonder what I would need to get this thing back into normal function. I'm going to be stuck with it for a while, so it's an interesting query. As soon as I get some comfort factors fixed (windshield, sunroof, shocks, a/c center vents, squeeky wheel, squeeky ac/heater fan, ball joints, bushings) I'll start considering performance. Only thing I can imagine is plug wires, plugs, MAF, and maybe the TBA :(