PDA

View Full Version : Damn Bose system messing up!

davis449
08-21-2003, 09:33 AM
So I go to get my windows tinited yesterday and the stereo works fine. I drop it off at 1:00 and when I pick it up at 4:00 only the front speakers (doors and tweeters) and the rear deck speakers are working and there's a static sound coming from the driver's side door speaker. Gradually, over the next hour the whole system starts to work normally again. In the mean time I can hear crackling coming from the passenger side rear door speaker and it eventually quits. The tint guys said they were listening to it while they were tinting it and could hear popping noises coming from it. They could have spilled something down there, I as I had them cut the felt strip around the inside of the windows, and not told me, or they could be telling the truth and the damn thing is going south. I've heard that this may be the start of an amp problem and not a HU or speaker issue. This isn't my frist Bose system so I've seen this problem before. Any input? I'm going to take it to the dealer on Monday.

Luwin1026
08-21-2003, 09:42 AM
They must have gotten the amp wet when they were doing the back window - that happened to me too when I got my windows tinted -

I immediately pulled the carpet and dried the amp off with the air compressor.

Because the amp is located in the back, it can get wet when they are doing the rear window.

pnsji
08-21-2003, 10:52 AM
This is Bose Amp
http://gilbreth.ecn.purdue.edu/~nkumala/pnsji/misc/left%20cavity.jpg

Like Luwin Said, it might get wet.

MBATF
08-21-2003, 11:13 AM
Even sometimes they might gotten teh speakers wet and it will take up to 2-3 days to completely dry off.

davis449
08-21-2003, 04:51 PM
I'll check those areas and see if they're wet. It's good to know that this has happened to other people. IT seems to be working fine and I find water, I can dry it and avoid a trip to the dealer.