PDA

View Full Version : THE w202

balling202
02-20-2007, 11:46 PM
I need to know a few things,

my car is a c220 and it didnt come with the chrome
modlings that go around the car in the middle

Can i order some off ebay or it cant go on my car?

also whats the cheapest but not weakest way to lower my benz

ANd , what do you guys think about painting the stock grill all black,

i dont have the nice looking grill
just the ghetto looking one

thoughttsss ppl

thanks

Markland556
02-21-2007, 12:11 AM
Well what year is your 220? Mine is a 96' and it does have the chrome trim, and i would love to get rid of it.
If you are looking to go lower, cheap might not be the best thing in mind, if you were to go the cheapest, it would be cutting your springs and if done wrong can really mess up your car. Some new springs will set you back about $200-300.

If you dont like the stock grill, i would reccomend the inserts sold on ebay, they are painted black and if you choose to keep the chrome around the grill, depending on your car, car look very sleek.

balling202
02-21-2007, 12:20 AM
Thanks alot man for the help

it is a 96 as well

I wonder if i wook it to a shop and got them cut nicely
i mean i seen the springs on ebay and what not
but i dont no if ill be happy once i put them in...
it would be sweet if they made Coilovers for the benz

also i seen the inserts on ebay, i heard they dont fit to well?
maybe ill get them or just paint my stock one all black

and why dont you like the midle chrome all around?

EDit-

if i were to get 19in rims , whats a good drop so the wheels are tucked under the fender but not rubbing

Ps - i was thinking 20in (love dubs) but dont no ...

Markland556
02-21-2007, 12:28 AM
I have 18" wheels. My rear sits pretty low because of my sound system in back, but the front sits about 3" higher than i would like. Its really hard to say how many coils to cut off per inch. You kinda just have to test it out, and you can change the pads too.

Im just going for the all blacked out look, chrome really isnt my thing.

balling202
02-21-2007, 12:29 AM
Ok mhm, maybe ill get coils and not cheap out

yeah i like all black to

but im thinking something like this for the stock gril

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/2494/96324dsc06673122543loek8.jpg

DRM
02-21-2007, 12:47 AM
Okay I am pretty sure chrome trim only came on elegance models?

You can usually find the side mouldings in sets on ebay with the chrome moulding at the top.

I don't think you can just stick chrome moulding onto the front / rear bumpers though? Can someone confirm if you need to buy full elegance bumpers? Maybe the elegance bumpers have slots for the chrome?

Kompressor_Dude
02-21-2007, 01:24 AM
Hope you dont mind spraying grille's every week or so, looks like stone chips are a bit of an issue :)

Nelson Lago
02-21-2007, 06:27 AM
DUD IF YOUR CUT YOUR SPRINGS I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN AND SHOOT YOU. DONT EVER EVER EVER EVER CUT SPRINGS ESPECHALLY ON A BENZ YOUR CAR WILL BOUNC IF YOU EVEN LOOK AT IT THE WRONG WAY, DONT DO IT ITS NOT A HONDA ( i realy wount hunt youn down and shoot you....................ill run you over......just kidding)

Markland556
02-21-2007, 06:46 AM
there is one member on here that i know cut his springs and has an amazing drop and he said that he hasnt been having any problems at all.
And c'mon i saw them do it on pimp my ride...
HAHA, only joking, yes it is a pretty ghetto way of doing it and isnt very respected in the benz world.

Denlasoul
02-21-2007, 07:50 AM
Please resize pic to maximum 800x600 resolution. NO need to have such a large pic as it slows loading and forces people to scroll to look at it.

Thanks!

97C28O
02-21-2007, 02:32 PM
1. You can get the chrome stripe at junkyards. You asked "Can i order some off ebay?" Did you search yet?

2. Lowering your car, don't cut springs. Just get some lowering springs. There are people who make Coilovers, K1Motorsports on here sells them, Also someone here has a set but I don't know if he installed it yet. You might want to search.

3. Painting your grill, if you searched, there are threads that talk about this. you can buy a blacked out grill assembly on ebay for 150$ which was posted here on the forum.

Also, if your car didnt come with chrome, what did it come with? Is it all painted like the sport models?

OCKlasse
02-21-2007, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Markland556
there is one member on here that i know cut his springs and has an amazing drop and he said that he hasnt been having any problems at all.
And c'mon i saw them do it on pimp my ride...
HAHA, only joking, yes it is a pretty ghetto way of doing it and isnt very respected in the benz world.

don't playa hate, son

OCKlasse
02-21-2007, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Nelson Lago
DUD IF YOUR CUT YOUR SPRINGS I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN AND SHOOT YOU. DONT EVER EVER EVER EVER CUT SPRINGS ESPECHALLY ON A BENZ YOUR CAR WILL BOUNC IF YOU EVEN LOOK AT IT THE WRONG WAY, DONT DO IT ITS NOT A HONDA ( i realy wount hunt youn down and shoot you....................ill run you over......just kidding)

and you are young and ignorant...

balling202
02-21-2007, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by 97C28O
1. You can get the chrome stripe at junkyards. You asked "Can i order some off ebay?" Did you search yet?

2. Lowering your car, don't cut springs. Just get some lowering springs. There are people who make Coilovers, K1Motorsports on here sells them, Also someone here has a set but I don't know if he installed it yet. You might want to search.

3. Painting your grill, if you searched, there are threads that talk about this. you can buy a blacked out grill assembly on ebay for 150$ which was posted here on the forum.

Also, if your car didnt come with chrome, what did it come with? Is it all painted like the sport models?

Thanks guys for the help !

but yea i will get springs
it was just a thought about cutting them
and wanted to see what ppl thought

my car just comes with a straight black/grey color
and groves to show where the chrome peicce would go

benzboy
02-21-2007, 06:39 PM
Nothing wrong with cutting springs if done properly....

My C280 had 1 coil lopped off front springs, was measured and done by an engineer.

Spring was still fully captured and the car definitly did not bounce at all.

Things to watch out for is if cutting do not let spring get hot (relaxes spring, then its buggered) and do not go overboard, ie if your car is jacked up and the spring wobbles thats bad, as it could fall out.

benzofanatic
02-21-2007, 07:23 PM
just curious, whats the diff between coil overs and springs?

DRM
02-21-2007, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by benzofanatic
just curious, whats the diff between coil overs and springs?

With coilovers you can adjust the height of the car with a wrench.

benzofanatic
02-21-2007, 08:31 PM
thats a really nice feature. are they like 2 times the cost of just normal lowering springs and do they require more work?

OCKlasse
02-21-2007, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by DRM
With coilovers you can adjust the height of the car with a wrench.

you can on MOST cars...but on 202s, you have to pull them out to adjust them I believe...

DRM
02-21-2007, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by OCKlasse
you can on MOST cars...but on 202s, you have to pull them out to adjust them I believe...
Yep that's right, if you use the kw coilovers with the w202 you will have to remove the spring to adjust

balling202
02-22-2007, 08:09 PM
WELl UP Date

I did my gril and I LOVE IT !!!!
And got tint yesterdaya

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/7125/img00162zc3.jpg

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/810/img00161hr6.jpg

http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/9531/img00164og9.jpg

And i dont want the chrome trim around anymore keke

97C28O
02-22-2007, 08:17 PM
Looks sorta like my car! LOL, just no black grill and the rims... What % tints?

balling202
02-22-2007, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by 97C28O
Looks sorta like my car! LOL, just no black grill and the rims... What % tints?

Nice man

the back and side doors are limo

and driver , pas is medium

:D

hvmercy
02-22-2007, 08:44 PM
Where in Edmonton are you located?

I used to live in the west end. 149 st. and 87 ave (Jasper place)

balling202
02-23-2007, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by hvmercy
Where in Edmonton are you located?

I used to live in the west end. 149 st. and 87 ave (Jasper place)

Nice where do you live now

i live in millwoods (southside)

NEA-4311
02-23-2007, 01:29 AM
You definitely need to paint your emblem black, it will look 1000 times better. Rims as well if you re not planning on changing them.

Abuimad
02-23-2007, 04:42 AM
debadge it, or do as another member here once did, he painted the star black and left the chrome circle, it looked pretty cool in my opinion, as for cutting the springs just make 100 percent sure you cut them equaly, i personaly would prefer lowered springs, however, cutting the springs would give you your desired ride height....so its up to you, there has been countless threads discussing this, and we never reached to a consensus about this issue lol.

hvmercy
02-23-2007, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by balling202
Nice where do you live now

i live in millwoods (southside)

I live in Hayward, CA but I also have a house
which is under major renovation in Whiterock, BC
so I commute to BC every 3rd weekend.

I also used to live in Millwoods, 50th and Millwoods rd.

You have a nice car btw, but I bet it rides very stiff in cold
weather.

balling202
02-23-2007, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by hvmercy
I live in Hayward, CA but I also have a house
which is under major renovation in Whiterock, BC
so I commute to BC every 3rd weekend.

I also used to live in Millwoods, 50th and Millwoods rd.

You have a nice car btw, but I bet it rides very stiff in cold
weather.

thats cooll man

i wish i can get out of this cold weather lol

but it rides pretty good

i dont no if its Global warming or something
but that last 2 years of winter havent been all that bad

:D

And i love seeing the emblem when im driving
so i wont get a flat

i think once i get 1pc headlights it will look good