PDA

View Full Version : Odd corner light question

mgill3
02-22-2007, 10:06 AM
Ok, i'm not looking for solid amber corners, and i'm not looking for solid clear corners, what i want is the clear corner style (nice and clear, and clean) but i also want my little amber pieces to go in there too... does somebody sell them this way, or can i take out the amber pieces in my current stock corners and install them into some nice clear corners?

I'm going to get crystal clear headlights soon, and i want the corners to match them, but i still want that touch of amber! I think it looks much better, too much clear looks too ricey in my opinion.

Anybody have any ideas?? Thanks

snead888
02-22-2007, 02:06 PM
keep the yellow light in and it will have a little amber in it.

mgill3
02-22-2007, 02:29 PM
That could look ok.. i dunno, i think i want the amber reflector though

NEA-4311
02-23-2007, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by mgill3
I think it looks much better, too much clear looks too ricey in my opinion.

I think you just referred to an entire continent... On behalf of Europe, thanks a lot!!! :angry:
If you still want that reflection then cut them open, you might be able to create something NOT ricey. :rolleyes:

mgill3
02-23-2007, 08:22 AM
So... a lot of euro cars all have clear corners or somethin? never looked into it... just never liked clear corners or clear tail lights AT ALL, no color is just way too plain for me, clear plastic looks cheaper than colored plastic (except for the headlights, obviously) but that's just me!.... reminds me too much of high school kids that buy a civic for $1000 and then install new corner lights and an exhaust tip and think they are the shit. I always thought the amber looked nice.

Proven Guilty
02-23-2007, 08:28 AM
lol, thats all i can say

Benzon
02-24-2007, 05:58 AM
So you buy a Mercedes and do the same shit, but that makes it o.k.? I think I've seen corners like what you want on ebay as an all in one piece.

mgill3
02-24-2007, 08:12 AM
all i said is that i don't prefer the clear's.. i've looked on ebay but i don't think i saw what i wanted, i'll just check again sometime, i'm not in a hurry to buy them anyway. I basically just want to get tail lights, headlights/corners and the S600 grille to give it a more updated look, and hopefully i can get it lowered sometime, needs maybe an inch and a half or so with the new wheels.. oh and i think i'd like to get the grey trim that goes around the car painted body color. I'll HOPEFULLY have some pictures soon.

97C28O
02-24-2007, 08:53 AM
You want clear but crystal clear, but you want a reflector in it..... thats the same as the OEM ones.... just not crystal clear...

Also, civic for $1000? thats a very good price. Civics are not bad at all, great gas mileage, reliable, and it saves money. Also, I'm in high school right now, none of my friends have civics.

And if your looking for eBay parts, thats the same as "those" high school kids getting corner lights taillights and etc. You have a Mercedes, but you don't want to look cheap, but your going the cheap route with eBay items...

mgill3
02-24-2007, 05:57 PM
ok, i only used it as an example i prefer not to have a discussion about civics and their value as i don't care.

and i didn't say that the parts WERE cheap, i just said they LOOKED cheap which is why they don't appeal to me. I think it's probably just because u dont see high end cars with clear corners, not every day u see a 100k mercedes w/ clear corners, i only see cheap japanese stuff w/ kids driving them with the clear corners, so i guess its set in my mind now that i don't want to look like THEM.. and i just prefer the amber

And as far as finding parts go, ebay seems to be one of the best resources, i'd much rather buy from somewhere else but it seems easier to find stuff via eBay

there's a seller named "kayee" who sells some nice looking stuff, appears to be quality, and they're SAE/DOT stamped, too... i think i'm gonna give them a shot

Anybody bought anything from them?