PDA

View Full Version : Cutting my rear bumper suggestions

taimyshukah
02-24-2007, 09:47 PM
I wanna get a muffler welded on but the tips are a little too big to fit under my exhaust gap. The muffler shop i was at doesnt cut bumpers and i was wondering what do you guys suggest? Should i grab a dremmel and shave off half an inch on each side to accomodate for the new tips? Would it be an easy job? Any suggestions would be very helpful as I wanna try to get this muffler installed on Monday.

OCKlasse
02-25-2007, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by taimyshukah
I wanna get a muffler welded on but the tips are a little too big to fit under my exhaust gap. The muffler shop i was at doesnt cut bumpers and i was wondering what do you guys suggest? Should i grab a dremmel and shave off half an inch on each side to accomodate for the new tips? Would it be an easy job? Any suggestions would be very helpful as I wanna try to get this muffler installed on Monday.

look up AAA muffler in Costa Mesa...he cut mine for me.

taimyshukah
02-25-2007, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by OCKlasse
look up AAA muffler in Costa Mesa...he cut mine for me.
Are they open for business today? I called twice and got their answering machine.

OCKlasse
02-25-2007, 03:13 PM
Are they open for business today? I called twice and got their answering machine.

most places like that aren't open on Sundays

taimyshukah
02-25-2007, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by OCKlasse
most places like that aren't open on Sundays
Word. How much do you think they'd charge for a bumper cut and weld? It's the one on bristol, right?

OCKlasse
02-25-2007, 04:10 PM
Word. How much do you think they'd charge for a bumper cut and weld? It's the one on bristol, right?

yeah...he charged me $120 for a bolt on, bumper cut, and resonator delete.