PDA

View Full Version : Hood Emblem

aznw202
02-26-2007, 04:45 AM
I did a search on this forum and couldnt find how to take off the hood emblem. Can someone give me the quickest and easiest step by step process of doing so. Insurance company is taking my car this week since it was declared totalled. I would like to keep my my hood emblem...

O yea... was trying to take off my projector head lights but couldnt figure out how to take off the left side head light. There was a screw that i could get to that was right next to the condensor. How did some of you guys get to that screw if you had that problem.

Nelson Lago
02-26-2007, 05:26 AM
I cant help you with your emblem but i used a 8mm i thing hex head screw driver

aznw202
02-26-2007, 09:34 AM
I got the right size tool for the job but i cant get into the tight space that is provided. its about 1/2" of space. Its a bad angle to get to.. I tried a wrench but can get it on the screw. Going to sears to look for a tool. any suggestions.

I would love to take off the hood emblem bc my girl is going to put it in a frame with pictures. As a memory of my car. Along with the other ones i have...

One thing i want to figure out also is how to take off my shift knob. I have a 95 c220 with the leather wrap shifter. Would like that to.. PLEASE HELP

202C280
02-26-2007, 09:45 AM
I found a site that makes it look very simple. However I have not tried it myself.

http://www.thebenzbin.com/mercedes_hood_star.html

"Tech Tip: Replacing a Mercedes hood star or emblem is generally a job that any do it yourself person can accomplish. The most common applications only require the use of a common set of pliers. Simply open up the hood, pull down on the u-shaped bracket and rotate the bracket ninety degrees and remove the Mercedes hood star from the top."

I hope this helps.

Sorry to hear about the car.

1995c280
02-26-2007, 05:03 PM
at the bottom of the shift knob...you will see a black circle locking device. grab it (only the black part/not the whole shift knob) and twist it counter clockwise until it becomes loose. then grab the shift knob and pull straight up. it might take a few hard tugs though!

Jason