PDA

View Full Version : Sorry, Need help.

Benzon
02-26-2007, 03:59 PM
Ok sorry I tried doing some searching, But decided to make a new thread. I destroyed everything in the rear driver side wheel well, So I'm having to get it switched out, now this is an opportune moment for me to get suspension done for not as much since the rear end will be dropped anyway (will pay labor on front). I was wondering if I can Run an H&R Cup kit on stock wheels and tires. without any issues. Or what are reccomendations. I don't have my car right now so don't know what pads I'm on.

1. I want to run 18x8.5 Frabus VI's like jstrat85's (but will have to run stockies for awhile) and want no rubbing issues (now or on the 18's). Willing to roll and whatnot just if it's impossible would like to know.

2. Will camber be an issue with stockies or the 18's?.

3. I like a big drop but it's not a necessity is there a better combo for my wheel's now and for the 18's? Also camber issue's with your recommendations.

4. Is all I need the cup kit to get on there and be ready to roll or is there something else I would need?

Thank you, would of did hard-core research but Have to decide very soon, thanks for input.

Here's a link to pics of my car so you can see stock height and what not, Everyone said it's really high and I agree it seems pretty tall.

http://club202.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11461

Proven Guilty
02-26-2007, 07:48 PM
1). with stockies, you'll be perfectly fine. the H&R cup kit is probably the most aggressive drop out there. you will have to roll front and you'll want to stay with 225 rubber on the frabus 8.5's (35 offeset is perfect for little fender modification)

2). camber will be an issue on stocks and frabus rims because you will be much lower than stock. you'll want to get a kmac kit from K1, as they're offering a discout to club202 members, and the waiting list on speedybenz camber arms is a little far out of reach for the time frame you're looking at.

3). my favorite drop is the less aggressive eibach pro kit on koni externally adjustables on the soft setting. bilstein shocks are my 2nd choice, and if you want it dropped a little more, than eibach makes a "sport" kit that is even lower than the pro. Vogtland makes a very good spring too that is affordable, and lots of members run the vogt/bilstein combo for the best bang for the buck.

4). i would recommend changing your spring pads. #2s all around is generally great for aftermarket suspensions. with your current ride height, i'd think you were close to #4 pads all around (you can tell by feeling for little bumps on the spring pads inside of the upper perches. the fronts are harder to feel, but you can usually see them fairly easily if you climb under the car and look up to where they're seated.

hope that helps, and keep in mind this is entirely my own personal opinion.

Benzon
02-26-2007, 08:13 PM
How bad will the camber problem be? as $500 for the camber kit is alot to add on, Would it be better to put a camber kit on there instead of the rest (to be able to do the rest later or would installation be the same at a shop for either the camber or the spring/shock, (although might be able to do shocks and springs myself).

What about the koni sport kit, what kind of camber issues with that? Thanks for reply.

choppers_rule
02-27-2007, 08:56 PM
You will have a bit of negative chamber but it won't be that bad since you're not cutting your springs to lower it more. It's not the end of the world without the camber kit.
I would like to get one too but money is tight right now.

rman
02-28-2007, 06:32 AM
Originally posted by Proven Guilty
Vogtland makes a very good spring too that is affordable, and lots of members run the vogt/bilstein combo for the best bang for the buck.

i'm not sure of the availability of vogtlands, but koni springs are the same thing. that's what I have, and i'm pretty happy with them. only thing is the rear has a major drop and the front didn't, even with switching the pads out (rears were #1 stock).

My rear is still a little low (actually, the front is too high), and i've cuz 1/4 coil off the front already.

1SIKBNZ
02-28-2007, 07:14 AM
I have vogt/bilstein and it performs/rides fantastic! =)

Proven Guilty
02-28-2007, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by Benzon
How bad will the camber problem be? as $500 for the camber kit is alot to add on, Would it be better to put a camber kit on there instead of the rest (to be able to do the rest later or would installation be the same at a shop for either the camber or the spring/shock, (although might be able to do shocks and springs myself).

What about the koni sport kit, what kind of camber issues with that? Thanks for reply.

The negative camber issues are going to be present no matter what combination you use, siply because of the orientation the suspension will put the wheels in as they sit lower. Think of the suspension design as a wishbone, and if you were to stick a wheel at the open end, and squeeze the wishbone down a bit, it's going to tip isntead of being perfectly vertical.

the reason for correcting camber is primarily for tire wear issues. When you run a staggered wheel setup, and good tires; you'll really appreciate the $500 invested for a camber kit after you can't rotate your tires on a $1300 set of rubber. Without the camber correction, I've seen inside tread is shot after 10,000 miles on a staggered setup. This of course depends on how aggressive the drop is.

I would buy the rear camber kit at the least, and have that installed with your suspension setup.

Benzon
03-04-2007, 04:59 PM
Ok I've decided to go with a set of Eibach Pro-Kit Spring's on stock shocks or maybe Bilstein sport's (depending on money.)

Any rubbing issue's with this set-up on aforementioned suspension.

1. 18" Frabus VI's et35 8.5/9.5 on 225/40 and 255/35 respectively. Also I believe I have #4 pads, probly goto #2's depending on what you guys say about rubbing.

Also anything else I'll need to do/get? (besides camber as no money for that right yet.)