PDA

View Full Version : PDR repair on C-Pillar possible?

DirectLA
02-26-2007, 07:12 PM
I have a small ding in the C-pillar (panel that connects roof to trunk) and was curious if anyone knows if you can access this area from the back for Paintless Dent Removal (PDR)?

Without looking in the car in the morning, I seem to recall the headliner panel is a small separate piece for this area so that shouldn't be much of a problem; tips on removal would be appreciated. I know this section is often reinforced and has two or more layers of steel in many cars but not sure what the case is with the W202, I am curious if there is a solid panel below, or would there maybe be openings to allow the tools in to make contact with the backside of the actual outer panel?

If anyone has any pics of this area exposed, or has experience or recollection from removal of a headliner, my thanks in advance!

xvvvz
02-26-2007, 09:32 PM
Look toward the end of this tutorial. To install his electric shade, he had to take off the C pillar covers. You can see that it is a bit of work to get to them.

http://mercedes-benz.forumactif.com/Les-classes-C-c5/W202-f18/TUTO-Pose-d-un-Rideau-electrique-sur-plage-arriere-56ko-t7134.htm