PDA

View Full Version : Stereo Help Please :) ASAP

MirageHatch
03-02-2007, 02:03 PM
1. How do I remove my stock tweeter grills without snapping anything? I can spy a little tab below it inside the airvent....do I push this in while pulling grill up? I couldnt get it to move too much trying this..

2. How do I remove stock door sills? Im pulling hard but Im afraid to pull any harder until i check with you guys!

3. ALSO, ON my AUS car the bonnet popper is under my steering wheel and when I try and take the covering underneath the front dash/wheel off to access wires etc the panel wont come all the way off cos the bonnet release is attached to it...any suggestions??

Thanks for the help, any quick answers are much appreciated!

DRM
03-02-2007, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by MirageHatch
1. How do I remove my stock tweeter grills without snapping anything? I can spy a little tab below it inside the airvent....do I push this in while pulling grill up? I couldnt get it to move too much trying this..

2. How do I remove stock door sills? Im pulling hard but Im afraid to pull any harder until i check with you guys!

3. ALSO, ON my AUS car the bonnet popper is under my steering wheel and when I try and take the covering underneath the front dash/wheel off to access wires etc the panel wont come all the way off cos the bonnet release is attached to it...any suggestions??

Thanks for the help, any quick answers are much appreciated!

with the door sills, put your fingers under the sill at one end and pull really hard it should pop right out. there is three clips one at each end and one in the middle so once you do one do the others, it's really easy.

and with the bonnet release when you pull the panel down there will be the wire attached to the bonnet release, I think I unscrewed the screw from underneath it first and the the panel falls down, then you need to seperate the wire from the release mechanism, so you just pull out the metal piece (looks like a circle it just slides out of the mechanism) at the end of the wire which is attached to the mechanism.

MirageHatch
03-02-2007, 04:46 PM
you are a legend DRM! it worked!

now for the tweeters.......anyone??

NEA-4311
03-02-2007, 10:33 PM
I cant recall at the moment because its been a long time since ive taken them off, but its relatively easy to remove. I believe the first angle to come off is the top one, the one you cant see, so try thatway. EEEven if you snap sth, its no big deal really. Im sure you ll have it figured out by now though. ;)

OCKlasse
03-02-2007, 10:39 PM
for the tweeters, there is a tab behind the air vent underneath the tweeter that you push that they will just pop right off

MirageHatch
03-02-2007, 11:30 PM
got em thanks guys!