PDA

View Full Version : Check oil level sensor

Cru328prod
03-08-2007, 05:47 PM
Well i just changed the oil and the check oil level light keeps poping up so im shooting for a messed up sensor. Now the dealership said its 200 dollars for a new 1, so i was wondering if this Oil Level Sender (http://replacement.car-stuff.com/parts/carstuff/wizard.jsp?year=1999&make=MB&model=C-230-002&category=All&part=Oil%20Level%20Sender&returnurl=null&dp=false&showdc=true#top) would work?

NISMOPOWERED
03-08-2007, 07:39 PM
Are you sure the oil level is correct? I would pull the sensor and make sure its just not sticking.

Cru328prod
03-09-2007, 07:41 AM
hmm i guess i'll give that a try. i completly forgot to do a oil change so i guess it must of messed it up a lil, i'll take it out and get some carb cleaner and try it out

NISMOPOWERED
03-09-2007, 08:22 AM
The only reason I would check it is because you said it happened when you changed your oil. If it happened any other time I would change it. When you drained the oil the sensor went all the way down, so it might have just stuck a little.

Cru328prod
03-09-2007, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by NISMOPOWERED
The only reason I would check it is because you said it happened when you changed your oil. If it happened any other time I would change it. When you drained the oil the sensor went all the way down, so it might have just stuck a little.

Well it did pop on a couple of times but that was because the oil was oil. So i pour'd a quart in and called it a day, but it keep poping on and off. Now i did the oil change and it's still doing it.