PDA

View Full Version : 00C230K-thinking about replacing cat w/ straight pipe-good idea?

sirwhite4
03-10-2007, 10:20 AM
first off, emissions are not an issue as i live in emission-test-free south dakota.

so, the cat in my car comes after the exhaust splits into two large parallel chambers, which im guessing are resonators. these are like glass packs, basically, right? im planning on leaving them if thats the case, just to keep my car from getting too loud.

the cat looks like it would be pretty easy to replace, the intake is a bolted fitting and the outlet is welded, so that would probably be the most difficult part.

unfort, im not near my car and im not sure there are any o2 sensors post-cat that could fuck up how my car runs.

any help on this??

thanks!!

omeyhomey
03-10-2007, 06:20 PM
assuming emissions is not an issue you have two possible routes. one is get a high flow cat and leave O2's in place and the second is getting O2 simluators and just running whatever exhaust setup you wont and really only running the primary O2 sensor and using the simulators for the "post cat" O2s. technically yes you will pick up power especially on a FI car, but how much is hard to say, it may be alot, it may be only 1-2HP. If you plan on upgrading to aftermarket exhaust i suggest just doing the whole system (it can be done for fairly cheap). Headers also aren't a bad idea. Anyways hope that helps

sirwhite4
03-11-2007, 08:09 PM
thanks, omes! i appreciate your savvy advice!