PDA

View Full Version : ///AMG bodykit questions

mrjones
01-21-2003, 02:30 AM
After perusing various pics of C36's and C43's, I've decided that maybe I should look into getting one of these bodykits in the very distant future.

First up - where?!? I've been trying to get some Monoblock II's for over 2 years now, but it's just impossible locally. :(
How does one go about sourcing a full kit, what replicas are out there and are they any good (wheels and kit)? And when I actually find something, how many internal organs do I have to sell to ship the stuff? (this usually kills off any attempts I make of buying wheels from the US, UK, etc.)

Secondly - I've noticed that most C43's don't have any chrome in the top bumper parts. I know that most ppl think chrome is ghey, but I don't. Is it only the C36 kit which has chrome inserts in the top of the bumpers, or can it be fitted/removed on both?

If anyone has experience or opinions on the matter, please don't hesitate to post. The shipping issue also bugs me, so if there's anyone out there who's shipped inter-continental, please post any advice!

Cheers,
mr and Mrs Jones :)

nokia8860
01-21-2003, 06:33 AM
AMG Wheels can be found right here!!!!

Classified Link (http://www.club202.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=49)

I belive MBenzNL has a few bodykits at his house. I forget what year you have. But if you have a pre 97 then the C36 just bolts up. And if you have a 97+ then C43 bolts up. If youre trying to do one year to the next there are a few modifications (nothing major) needed to make it fit.

MBenzNL
01-21-2003, 09:36 AM
Both C36 and C43 kits will fit without any problems...but with possible minor bumper guidance modding activities.

The C36 had chrome, the C43 did not and NO, you cannot add it to the bumpers.
I can get new C43 and used C36 kits for a reasoneable price and shipping parts intercontinental is tending to become my daily business nowadays...

Buying and shipping the parts is not a problem at all...getting the parts past South Africa customs might be though...

greetingz,

mrjones
01-21-2003, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by nokia8860
AMG Wheels can be found right here!!!!...Classified Link (http://www.club202.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=49)Those ARE nice. I've looked @ these wheels for a long time, but I can't afford them @ the moment. :( I've kinda got my heart set on 18's, but a good set of 17's will do to. Staggered or not?

Originally posted by nokia8860
...I forget what year you have...First date of registration: 31 October 1996. :)

Originally posted by MBenzNL
Both C36 and C43 kits will fit without any problems... C36 had chrome, the C43 did not...C36 it is then.
How much will the foglights and those funky square exhaust tips set me back?

I can get ... used C36 kits for a reasoneable price and shipping parts intercontinental is tending to become my daily business nowadays...What should I roughly expect to pay?

Buying and shipping the parts is not a problem at all...getting the parts past South Africa customs might be though...Yet another aspect I haven't considered. I do have a friend whose Dad owns a scrapyard. Maybe he could offer some advice on importing parts...

Thanks for all your advice, nokia and MBenz! The Mrs sends her regards! ;)

JRE320
01-22-2003, 07:29 AM
Shipping cost for the body kit could be a pain... :(

maxboxa
01-22-2003, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by mrjones
Staggered or not?

definintely go with a staggered setup. looks much nicer imo.

SLK Boy
01-26-2003, 10:30 AM
I have a set of staggered Monoblock II's in 17" if you're interested...they need tires though...not sure how hard it is to ship to South Africa...

I like the AMG kits a lot...esp the C43...makes it look muscular...

CKlasse
01-26-2003, 12:38 PM
I just wonder.. how much for the c43 kit, Steve?

I am still working on purchasing Command system! So many things to buy.. argh!

mrjones
01-26-2003, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by ExSLKBoy
I have a set of staggered Monoblock II's in 17" if you're interested...they need tires though...not sure how hard it is to ship to South Africa... Could you possibly find out? :)

Originally posted by CKlasse
...So many things to buy.. argh! Tell me about it! :rolleyes: :D

SLK Boy
01-27-2003, 05:42 AM
Do you know if FedEx, UPS, DHL, etc ships to your area? Have you seen these trucks driving around? :) Email me your address or at least your city info so I can look for some info.

Rincewind
02-09-2003, 04:06 AM
https://www.autoclass.net/products.asp?cat=8&catname=Aerodynamics&subcat=52&subcatname=C-CLASS%20W202&subcat2=182&subcatname2=AMG

and

http://www.bekkers.com/cgi-bin/miva?Merchant2/merchant.mv+Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=BI&Category_Code=maeroc

will have the amg body kits that you are looking for. these are OEM, but quite expensive. I really like the reiger body kit luwin has on his car, his car was featured in eurotuner some time ago, but thats just me. good luck on your search.

Rincewind
02-09-2003, 04:09 AM
tirerack.com should have OEM AMG monoblock II's. again, very expensive, but thats just me. I'd honestly look for a used set somewhere on ebay or through classifieds like mentioned above.

mrjones
02-09-2003, 08:15 AM
Thanks for your help, Rincewind. :) And you're right - VERY expensive.

Corey
02-12-2003, 09:09 AM
Steve,

I'm interested in a body kit for my 94 C280. I'd like a C43 kit in Silver (744) w/ fog lights. How much would this cost? New or Used.

Thanks!

Rincewind
02-12-2003, 09:40 AM
from my understanding,

if you have a 94-96 model... the c36 body kit will fit to your body.
if you have a 97-00 model... the c43 body kit will fit to your body.

unless of course you do some extra stuff to make it fit.
prolly involves cutting or something, donno to be honest.