PDA

View Full Version : new model bumper(or lipkits?)

zacknj
03-13-2007, 08:32 PM
wats up guys, i have a 96 c220 thats all stock except for tint and the avantguard grill. Ive been thinking about getting a body kit, but i really like the way the newer model 202s look with their lip kits?or bumpers. I wanted to get that for my car and my questions are:

is that a lip kit or built in to the bump on the newer 202s(i.e. 99 c230k usually have them)

where would i be able toget my hands on these, do i have to find them used or can i order them from somewhere?

thanks

taimyshukah
03-13-2007, 09:49 PM
The updates come like that. Its an actual bumper. I dont think you could just get an updated bumper and slap it onto a pre-update though. You would need some extra parts, i think. Some of the veterans should be able to chime in and help you out.

NEA-4311
03-14-2007, 07:02 AM
I did this conversion to mine, you will be needing 2 whole bumpers front and rear as they are totally different and a pair of sideskirts with a set of clips and trims for them. AYou will also notice that the front inner mudflaps in the wheel arch are slightly different but you dont have to change them, they still fit ok. May I also suggest to sell your old ones, they still are up for good money and its a pity to waste.

zacknj
03-14-2007, 09:38 AM
thanks guys, greek merc-do u know where i can find these bumpers?do i have to buy them used or can i get them new somewhere?

Proven Guilty
03-14-2007, 11:05 AM
i have the front and rear OEM "facelift" bumpers off a 2000 C230K painted. They are in excellent condition, and I would let them go for $700/pair + shipping

zacknj
03-14-2007, 03:03 PM
wat color are they?

is there anywhere i can get them online not painted?

Proven Guilty
03-14-2007, 03:32 PM
oem mercedes gold, i forget the actual color name and color code. came off a '00 c230k, and they're currently on my white c230k. it makes my car look like the 2-tone eddie bauer ford explorers. lol

OCKlasse
03-14-2007, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Proven Guilty
oem mercedes gold, i forget the actual color name and color code. came off a '00 c230k, and they're currently on my white c230k. it makes my car look like the 2-tone eddie bauer ford explorers. lol

Desert Silver Metallic? Definitely not 702 Smoke Silver (we came to realize at the meet)

Pagz
03-14-2007, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by Proven Guilty

LOL where the PICS!!!!!!:D
Must be off VIP's

zacknj
03-15-2007, 10:20 AM
if im going to have to pay 700 for just 2 bumpers, i think i would be better off buying the amg kit

NEA-4311
03-15-2007, 02:45 PM
As long as you sell your old bumpers, it wont hurt much, moneywise that is... Dont forget that painting them costs a lot of $$$ as well plus that you need the sideskirts in order to make a complete job, otherwise dont bother.

There is also another aspect to make your car look cool and I mean cOOl IMO. Keep your original bumpers and buy the sideskirts only. Ive seen them lowered like that and believe me it looks wow. If I find a pic I will post it to see what I mean, If you ll be able to look through it then you ll get my point.

EDIT:

OK here is the pic, pre-facelift bumpers with facelift sideskirts, lowered on 19" carlssons, unbelievably beautiful if you ask me.

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j137/NEA-4311/Left-HandSidewhite.jpg

97C28O
03-15-2007, 03:10 PM
That one is pre-update. They just painted the bottom trim and side skirts.

zacknj
03-15-2007, 05:39 PM
yeah that one is pre update, but the side skirts are the updated one.

i think that looks sick, but the only thing is there any place i can find those at?

zacknj
03-15-2007, 05:43 PM
nea, think if i paint my valences the same color, will it almost look as same as the updated bumpers?

NEA-4311
03-16-2007, 01:51 AM
Not quite, you will have this thick black strip across the sides and you cant paint the round caps covering the holes you use to lift the car as they will lose paint chips by time. Plus the updated sideskirts are bigger and thicker. I think they look awesome too, maybe its just me but thats definitely what I would do if my father hadnt already changed the rear bumper with an updated one before I get the car for myself. Up to you dude. You can also look around for C36 sideskirts as well, similar but more beastie. :p

97C280 I know this is the pre bodykit with updated skirts, thats my whole point, read my post again. :)

zacknj
03-16-2007, 09:52 AM
yea i get what ur saying, i am thinking abut getting the amg side skirts, and then getting the front and rear valences painted. i think if i do that it will look sick