PDA

View Full Version : Source Unit Resetting Everyday!

speedygonzales
03-19-2007, 05:07 PM
Hey everyone, I recently bought a Clarion 665 Head Unit for my 1999 C280. It resets itself whenever I turn the car on the next day. Throughout the day it is fine, but the next day it is not. Is this related to a battery problem? Or do you think it is the deck itself? It has something to do with constant power being stopped after a certain amount of time. Any insight or help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

jnolte
03-19-2007, 06:28 PM
constant power is diffrent than listed on the VW adaptor, do a search

martattack
03-20-2007, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by speedygonzales
Hey everyone, I recently bought a Clarion 665 Head Unit for my 1999 C280. It resets itself whenever I turn the car on the next day. Throughout the day it is fine, but the next day it is not. Is this related to a battery problem? Or do you think it is the deck itself? It has something to do with constant power being stopped after a certain amount of time. Any insight or help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Like Nolte said, there is an inconsistency with some of the wiring harness adapters. Try swapping the red and yellow wire to see if that fixes the problem.

Martin

CL1210
03-20-2007, 10:17 AM
BoominBenz is correct. Happened to me when I was installing my Alpine HU. I have to swap the constant and the ignition switch wire. Here's the wiring diagramwhich is very helpful courtesy of pnsji

http://www.club202.com/forums/showt...mp;threadid=367

goodluck!

speedygonzales
03-20-2007, 12:24 PM
Unfortunately the thread didn't work, but thanks anyways. The installer used a Land Rover harness, I'm not sure if it is similar, but I have a good idea that the red and yellow wires need to be switched, I'll let you guys know if worked on my car.

Benzon
03-20-2007, 12:25 PM
I did not have this problem, has I did alot of searching before I installed my HU. :silly: But yes everyone above is right.

speedygonzales
03-21-2007, 06:42 PM
So I brought the solutions to my installer, he was going to wire it to the battery. I paid $200 CND to get the deck installed not too long ago, now the cocksucker is asking another $35 to fix this screwup.

This is where technical skills would help me, but I have no clue when it comes to electronics. I suppose there's no easy fix is there? To whomever offered help, thanks anyways, these cars definitely need a forum like this.

AirPost
03-21-2007, 07:08 PM
Don't pay an extra penny for their screw-up. If they won't fix it for free, you can easily fix it yourself. The link above was cut off, the full link is HERE (http://www.club202.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=367&perpage=15&highlight=wire%20harness&pagenumber=1)

Your HU should have a removal tool that came with it. Just remove your HU and you will see the wiring harness they installed at the back either crimped or soldered to the other end of the wires coming from the HU. If you don't see a red and a yellow wire from the Landrover harness, just follow the wires that are connected to No. 4 and No. 7 in diagram A (but this will be the opposite, you will be looking at the OEM female plug instead of the OEM HU, obviously. Then just switch the two wires (cut and crimp/solder). Then spend the $35 on cold beer.

speedygonzales
03-21-2007, 07:50 PM
Big up to AirPost! I will do what I can to try this myself, just need the time. Cold beer sounds good, but I may just buy a rusty blade and slit his throat. On a lighter note, thanks for the advice, I'll let you know how it goes! :cool: