PDA

View Full Version : God Why?

Benzon
03-21-2007, 02:06 PM
Ok so I goto get my car back today, I got up there to pick it up and pay blah blah blah. So I get in it and turn it on, and Mr. CEL say's hello, so I turn it off go back in and say did you notice the CEL? HE says no, They had to drive it to get it aligned (Had to take it to a different shop) So I think he would of noticed the fact that it doesn't shift out of first at least if not all the otehr problem's. So Anyone know what it could be, Imma get the codes read tomorrow, Right now I know the usual battery unplug stuff needs to be reset, but my touchshift doesn't work, and it doesn't shift out of first (Well I got it too after restarting it and then it kinda shifted jumpy and then stuck in first after slowing.) I know he had the battery unplugged the whole time if that helps anyone. Man what a shitty month.

BTW the service I had done was completely replace the back sub-frame. Inluding all suspension components sub-frame and the Differential.

jnolte
03-21-2007, 02:22 PM
blame the company!

Benzon
03-21-2007, 02:27 PM
Plan too, but god damn I'm payin insurance out the ass to let it chill and get dirty as a whore and I get nothing but bent over. I just want my benzo back :(.

Nelson Lago
03-21-2007, 05:28 PM
Wow man your having one of my days i got bad luck I mean really bad luck i dont have bad days,weeks or months i have bad years and im not kidding. but i have a few questions what is CEL my 202 doesnt have any button that says CEL and how much did your new rear-end cost

Benzon
03-21-2007, 05:33 PM
CEL=Check engine Light, its in the bottom right corner.

And $1600, used.

Nelson Lago
03-21-2007, 06:21 PM
O MY BAD im use to hearing people calling its the MIL light (Malfunction Indicator Lamp) i never herd cel.......not that bad for a new rear end im thinking of getting a new front end

vinnie201
03-21-2007, 06:26 PM
im real sorry that this crap had to happen to you, i honestly feel bad, but the title of this post is funny as hell!!

Benzon
03-21-2007, 06:59 PM
Yeah well I'm hoping the problem is as light as the title. I was thinking about resetting the CEL, but decided to wait untill after I get whatever code's it is spitting out. So I'll let you guys know whats up.

Benzon
03-22-2007, 06:47 AM
It's not that easy. I've searched everywhere came up with change the tranny fluid and take it to the dealer. Anyone else know something?

Here's a recap-.

Ok so I'm pulling generic code p0700. Which is just an indicator... But I can't read the tranny one, yet, will try to find the tool. But I was wondering if anyone had any ideas. What it does is when first started everythnig is fine (even with CEL on) I can use my change my "touchshift" gears and it shift fine untill it shifts to about 3rd or 4th then it stays in that gear even after deaccelerating. After a restart it is fine untill the process goes again. I had the whole rear end subframe and differential and most suspension components replaced. My mechanic got the parts and should be the correct parts out of the exact same car. (Still can't rule out that it's a different differential). Anyone know what I could try?

Sulaco
03-22-2007, 11:38 AM
I really wouldn't reset that code just yet. You might be eligible for a free repair from those guys.

I experienced very similar symptoms in my pre-update C280 shortly after I got it. Different transmission entirely, but the symptoms all began after my dumbass 16-year old self was so proud of my new little RWD car. I took it out and did several stupidly smokey burnouts in one day just to impress some friends. Shortly thereafter (the next day) it had trouble shifting up. Then it would hang from Third to Fourth. Eventually things started to clear up but first and fourth gears started slipping. Then it couldn't move at all. New transmission was the only fix.

But hopefully with your updated model, it's just some electronic control that needs to be reset or replaced. But still, the problem DID NOT exist before you took it to these guys? If so, then you are 100% eligible to make them pay for it. Unless you signed some kind of waiver when you dropped it off... (which does happen sometimes).

Benzon
03-22-2007, 05:54 PM
Yeah well depending on what's wrong with it it could go either way. Since I wasn't doing a burnout and stuff (nothing really bad could of happened to the tranny except maybe a good amount of g force one way. Since it shifts and can shift up and down (untill I get to about 3rd or fourth I'm hoping it's jsut some sensor. It could be that the guys We got the differential from gave us one with different ratio's and that's causing the trouble. What a headache.