View Full Version : front wheel bearing , need help

rako77
03-24-2007, 03:20 PM
I also did a search but i would really appreciate some new help . I am hearing a noise from the front right side when making hard left turns on speeds over 30 mph. My mechanic said it is the wheel bearing so i would like to know is it a diy job or would i need some special to pull out the bearings?
thanks in advance

714guy
03-24-2007, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by rako77
I also did a search but i would really appreciate some new help . I am hearing a noise from the front right side when making hard left turns on speeds over 30 mph. My mechanic said it is the wheel bearing so i would like to know is it a diy job or would i need some special to pull out the bearings?
thanks in advance

Its not too bad of a job. I recently changed mine and my cousins. If your car is old its worth changing, chances are they are pretty bad.

here are some brief instructions.

1. remove wheel
2. loosen up the screw on the rotor
3. remove brake caliper and bracket
4. remover rotor
5. remove the dust cap
6. loosen allen bolt and remove spindle nut
7. pull off hub; the outter bearing will fall out. to remove the the inner bearing put the hub back on the spindle and screw on the spindle nut in the middle of the hub. the spindle nut should be touching the inside of the inner bearing. small strong tugs should pop off the rear bearing.
8. clean, grease and replace bearings.
9. reinstall everything again.

thats pretty much it. let me know if you have any other questions.