PDA

View Full Version : 230K Intake

krappy
03-29-2007, 10:04 AM
Hey guys,

I wanted to build a custom intake for my c230k but i was looking at the setup and im sorta stuck. I read one of 23k's posts and i understand how it works, but i dont see how i could make a better setup then whats already there. I wanted to buy a BMC CDA but what bothers me is: how am i suposed to connect both the regular intake and the bypass with a simple tube intake? Im thinking i would have to weld a two custom flanges onto one pice of piping? It doesnt seem very profitable. Any suggestions?

edit: Also, do you see any real benfit in keeping the orgininal intake scoop? its blocked off by the grill anyways so its not really a real ram intake. The CDA is over 300$ and im not sure if it will pull more air than a cai

Cru328prod
03-31-2007, 04:10 AM
i ran into the same problem, i seen people just take the air box out and put 1 breather at one end and a regular cone filter on the other, so i tried it and its very loud! i was like wtfffffffffff. i was just thinking about moding the box a lil making it "ram air" ohhhhhhh yeah baby lmfao.