PDA

View Full Version : can anyone with custom projectors post pictures please?

bish0p
03-30-2007, 09:11 AM
i know of several people on here that have custom projectors as i do. do you mind posting your picturs of your lights and cutoff lines? i'm trying to see what's out there. doesnt seem like there's many of us that customed our lights. also post what projectors you used. also remolexi how are your halos? is it bright enough to see even if you have HIDs on? thanks you guys

here's mine
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u202/mrbish0p/Photo-0080.jpg

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u202/mrbish0p/Photo-0074.jpg

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u202/mrbish0p/Photo-0093.jpg

Nelson Lago
03-31-2007, 02:50 PM
i dont wanna sound like an a- hole but how the hell do custom make our headlights i mean there ant shit for mercedes

Benzon
03-31-2007, 03:04 PM
They do however make alot of lights for Mercedes and he means put custom projectors in for the hi-low's not just the fog's that usually come on the after market lights.

Nelson Lago
03-31-2007, 07:01 PM
ya i know how the fuck can i do that, i mean make its look good only the lucky can do that, and i dont have good luck i have the worst luck ever how did he make it look like the headlight came like that

bish0p
03-31-2007, 10:14 PM
i'm sorry i don't understand. i dont see how you sound like an ahole. are you asking how to retrofit the projectors? there are several ways to do it. and yes i got the ebay fog projectors and added the low/high beam projector. but you can also use your stock headlights and add projectors to it. you pretty much just take off the lens and put a projector in there. there are a lot of ways to custom it, i know remolexi has the stock housing with halos and a projector customed in. this is why i made this thread to see how others have retrofitted their headlights. it has nothing to do with luck. if you have any questions just feel free to ask.

Nelson Lago
04-01-2007, 10:49 AM
ya whell i would like to make custom projectors but i cant use the stock lends because its not cystal clear but how do i put projector in my car, cut them out of another projector headlight and glue it to mine

bish0p
04-01-2007, 04:35 PM
yeah that's pretty much what you do. you get projectors from another car, the best out there would be the stanleys from a s2k or the tsx. if you want to keep your high beams then you use the TL. and then you mount it into your own headlights. you would need to take off your original lens and make clear ones or purchase clear ones. I believe there was a member on here that made his own clear lens with plexiglass. search for it and i think he had a diy.

Nelson Lago
04-01-2007, 06:52 PM
But how do i put them on to my headlight glue i think glue would melt when you have the headlights on for a long time. how did you do yours bish0p

bish0p
04-01-2007, 07:23 PM
depending on which projectors you use, it should come with a bracket. like the s2k and then you can glue the bracket to your headlights or you can bolt it somehow. i use bondo and fiberglass. but that's just the back of it, the back part of the projector to just hold it to the headlight housing.

Nelson Lago
04-01-2007, 08:34 PM
ya well i have no idea how to use that stuff or where to get fiberglass and sounds like a bitch to use

bish0p
04-01-2007, 11:34 PM
yeah. if you're not good with cars or fabricating then i won't recommend retrofitting headlights. it takes a lot of time and money to do it. i'm a lights fanatic so that's why i did this. i love my lights, i always want the brightest ones. if you're not crazy about lights then i dont know if this is worth your time and money. the projectors are usually going to cost you around 200-300, then you have to get HIDs which are another 250-300 dollars. and if you use new headlights then that will cost you even more. so you are already looking at, at least 450 dollars.

Nelson Lago
04-02-2007, 07:16 AM
ya thats the down fall money cuz i have HIDs and need projectors bad but all the aftermarket projectors look ricey and i need projectors bad im blinding everyone in my path. what headlights did you use. i was thinking of getting the headlights off a 2000 SL thay have projectors and look like 202 headlights

bish0p
04-02-2007, 10:54 AM
i used the aftermarket housing off of ebay. and got projectors from a bmw 7 series.