PDA

View Full Version : Quick question.. ordering Projectors tonight!!

vcruiser
04-02-2007, 03:40 PM
alright im getting some projectors tonight
and i have one question

if i get these

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/95-00-MERCEDES-W202-C230-PROJECTOR-HEADLIGHT-W-CORNER-C_W0QQitemZ200093219679QQcategoryZ33710QQrdZ1QQcmd ZViewItem

will they melt or something if i put 8000k Hids into them ? ?

please answer as quick as possible!!

thanks!

Markland556
04-02-2007, 03:57 PM
the only part that has been deformed by HID's so far on mine is the painted on chrome on the inside reflector of the projector bulb. Not noticable though.

jnolte
04-02-2007, 06:03 PM
HID headlights arnt as hot as regular bulbs

OCKlasse
04-02-2007, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by jnolte
HID headlights arnt as hot as regular bulbs

werd...stock are 55W my HIDs are 35W

bish0p
04-02-2007, 08:38 PM
they also have a 55w HID. it's EXTREMELY bright. so bright that it's kinda hard to even look at the light output when you're up close to something. downfall to this is that it burns out quick.

ron
04-02-2007, 09:03 PM
Putting HIDs in headlights designed for halogens is bad, blinding to other drivers, unsafe, and on top of that ILLEGAL.

If you want HIDs, do it the right way, retrofit a projector made for HIDs into your headlights so you DONT BLIND PEOPLE.

Also, 8000k is ugly, ricer, tasteless crap for people with huge plastic wings on the back of their car; go 4300 or 6000.

ryhi
04-03-2007, 01:43 AM
i have 8000k. i love it.

bish0p
04-03-2007, 01:58 AM
i also have 8000k

OCKlasse
04-03-2007, 07:31 AM
werd on the 8000K as well...

vcruiser
04-03-2007, 09:44 AM
touching speech ron

do you guys think i should go 8000k on the top and for my bottom fogs 6000k

or 8000k top and bottom

ron
04-03-2007, 10:58 AM
8000k on all 4 what is this a civic forum?

Here comes the exhaust tips, ugly body kits, fake hood scoops, shaved doors, and black carbon fiber hoods on silver cars... Oh god no...

Pleas edont go higher than 6000k its stupid, anyone that really knows HIDs will agree with you

hidplanet.com
hidretro.com

vcruiser
04-03-2007, 11:21 AM
i have a good enough body kit.
The hid kit i'm getting looks almost exactly the same as the HIDs on my friends maxima.. the stock ones. pretty much bright white as hell with tiny bit of blue.

97C28O
04-03-2007, 11:24 AM
Ron, why is that almost all your post talk about YOUR OWN OPINION and how you like stuff and everything refers to ricer style. He does what he likes and he doesn't need you tell him whats what. At least he ain't putting no big ass spoiler and a huge exhaust. Have you seen his car? It looks good. You should just give your own opinion and not tell people that their ricer and everything. If thats ricer to you, fine, none of that is going on your car.

vcruiser, 8000k would be nice. If your looking more for the color 8000k is good. If you want visibility and nice white color 6000k is the way to go. It's solely up to you and what you like.

Be sure to post some pictures.

ron
04-03-2007, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by 97C28O
Ron, why is that almost all your post talk about YOUR OWN OPINION and how you like stuff and everything refers to ricer style. He does what he likes and he doesn't need you tell him whats what. At least he ain't putting no big ass spoiler and a huge exhaust. Have you seen his car? It looks good. You should just give your own opinion and not tell people that their ricer and everything. If thats ricer to you, fine, none of that is going on your car.

vcruiser, 8000k would be nice. If your looking more for the color 8000k is good. If you want visibility and nice white color 6000k is the way to go. It's solely up to you and what you like.

Be sure to post some pictures.

The reason so many of my posts are anti-rice is because I am amazed at the ricer like stuff so many MERCEDES owners are doing to their cars.

bish0p
04-03-2007, 12:43 PM
6000k is like a pure white. 8000k his a nice light blue tint. 10000k is a blue violet color. everyone has their own opinion just like how everyone has their own favorite color. as for your fog lights. making your foglights HID at 6000k mightnot be a good idea. you won't be able to see anything in the fog. HIDs are extremely bright and extremely reflective due to their color. if you want to use HIDs for your foglights then you would want to get the golden yellow HIDs or you can go with the 12000k HIDs which are like purple because these two colors would cut through the fog.

vcruiser
04-03-2007, 01:26 PM
good observation
but the reason for changing my foglights are to get away from the yellow. and also 12000 is too purple haha.
i'll prolly go with 6000 or 8000 for the fogs..if its foggy or rainy n snowy n shit i'll drive my other car !

anyway the projectors should arive in 5-6 days. i ordered em last night.

i payed the headlights about 300$ CND

and im paying 475$ CND for a place to take out my stock headlights/corners and to replace them with the new headlights/corners and also install the HID kit

you think 475 is a good price or no ?

97C28O
04-03-2007, 04:27 PM
you can install them yourself. It shouldn't be hard.

jstrat85
04-03-2007, 07:09 PM
i think i got 8,800ks. i got them on the top and on the bottom. do what you like! dont listen to anybody that saids its rice ect... bullshit! i want somebody to tell me my car looks like rice! i will laugh in there face!lol!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y250/jstrat85/IMG_0225.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y250/jstrat85/IMG_0224.jpg

ron
04-03-2007, 07:31 PM
Your car is not rice looking but I consider 3 things about it to have no class

1. Body kit, I only like stock or very stock looking body kits, the rest to me look bolted on, not meant for the car, mercedes designed the stock ones a certain way on purpose and the AMG body kits are very nice.

2. The HIDs, anything above 6000 for me looks fake-ish, like you are trying to look cool by having blue headlights, why?

3. The black wheels, nice wheels, but I dont like it when wheels are painted black, again cheap+fake looking to me. I have only seen black wheels with a polished lip that I actually liked once, and it was on a lambo.

Now I cant blame you for trying this stuff, its incredibly trendy, but the way I see it, in 10 years the people who bought into the black wheels and body kits and all that will look back and think wow what was I thinking while those who dont will say wow I am glad I didnt buy into that trend!

vcruiser
04-03-2007, 07:33 PM
wheels can always be painted back to original color or any color for that matter!
body kits are replaceable
who says were gonna keep what we got. people like playin around with their cars. try it !

DRM
04-03-2007, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by ron
I dont like it when wheels are painted black, again cheap+fake looking to me.

http://iiilgsrlll.com/Gallery/albums/sd_autoshow_2006/IMG_2415.jpg

:cool:

ron
04-03-2007, 07:55 PM
Im sure plenty of rappers will buy those wheels, but theyre ugly none the less.

bish0p
04-03-2007, 10:38 PM
vcruiser- if you're paying 475 cad for just the labor then that's extremely expensive. that better be including the price of the HID kit that you're putting in it. even then it'd still be a lot of money. hell, if you were near by i'd put it in for you for 50 bucks, even 50 is expensive. probably 20 dollars would be a good price.

ron- it's interesting to see your views on cars and what you think is rice or not. would you happen to have any pictures of your car? many forum members has their own style and taste, it's nice to see a variety of cars and not just all stock or amg looking cars. what mods have you done to your car?

predrag1
04-04-2007, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by jstrat85
i think i got 8,800ks. i got them on the top and on the bottom. do what you like! dont listen to anybody that saids its rice ect... bullshit! i want somebody to tell me my car looks like rice! i will laugh in there face!lol!

ur fenders look weird

nice car, Id go a bit lower in the front tho

ryhi
04-04-2007, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by ron

1. Body kit, I only like stock or very stock looking body kits, the rest to me look bolted on, not meant for the car, mercedes designed the stock ones a certain way on purpose and the AMG body kits are very nice.

2. The HIDs, anything above 6000 for me looks fake-ish, like you are trying to look cool by having blue headlights, why?

3. The black wheels, nice wheels, but I dont like it when wheels are painted black, again cheap+fake looking to me. I have only seen black wheels with a polished lip that I actually liked once, and it was on a lambo.

Now I cant blame you for trying this stuff, its incredibly trendy, but the way I see it, in 10 years the people who bought into the black wheels and body kits and all that will look back and think wow what was I thinking while those who dont will say wow I am glad I didnt buy into that trend!

i dont think forums are for people who enjoy stockness. i guess many of us on here are "ricers".

vcruiser
04-04-2007, 05:00 AM
bishop- yeah the HID kit is included in the price.
ron- lol
predrag1- i think his car is lowered enough. like he said once. he lives in NY he has winter n bad roads.

jstrat85
04-04-2007, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by ron

my freind you dont know the meaning of class! stick to your bone stock cars! i had stock amg bumpers but guess what?? EVERYBODY HAS THEM! :confused:

ron
04-04-2007, 11:43 AM
My car is far from bone stock but I consider it's mods tasteful.

It's lowered on eibachs, 17 inch 2 piece atp wheels (they are called atp flash if you wanna see what they look like on google) with sumitomo low profile tires, clear corners, blacked out avantgarde grille (black car), and dual square tipped remus exhaust.

jstrat85
04-04-2007, 02:34 PM
thats it! i need to see some pics of you car!:o

Green Lantern
04-04-2007, 03:39 PM
strat ur car is sick, where in NY are u located? im in LI

ron
04-04-2007, 04:44 PM
I will show you pics as soon as I get my mac back up, my step bro sat on my mac laptop and messed it up pretty bad, and since I shoot in RAW with a dslr to show you the pics I have of my car would mean to install my whole raw workflow onto a windows computer that I am using temporarily.

By the way I realized me and jstrat have the exact same grille.

jstrat85
04-04-2007, 05:47 PM
thank you, in queens.

vcruiser
04-04-2007, 06:40 PM
me 2 kind of i think

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j144/andymanaras/Car/g.jpg

got mine repainted tho its nice n shiny