PDA

View Full Version : bad creaking noise

stevie boy 01
04-03-2007, 08:54 AM
has any one ever had a very bad creaking noise inside the car? it sounds as if its coming from the dash and the front window..its a c200 sport...202...its driving me mad..... help.....

Nelson Lago
04-03-2007, 05:43 PM
i belive thats a recall check it out

xvvvz
04-03-2007, 06:57 PM
These cars can telegraph rattles everywhere, so they are hard to pinpoint. Next time you hear it, grab the plastic molding on the lower back left side of your driver's seat. That is a common one right in where the pieces snap together. The sunvisor is also common. These may not be your problems but they are common ones so they are a good place to start.

m a x i m u s
04-03-2007, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by xvvvz
These cars can telegraph rattles everywhere, so they are hard to pinpoint. Next time you hear it, grab the plastic molding on the lower right side of your driver's seat. That is a common one right in where the pieces snap together. The sunvisor is also common. These may not be your problems but they are common ones so they are a good place to start.

very true. i had an annoying rattle and found it to be the plastic piece on the side of the driver's seat. also, agree with the sunvisors ... the area where the visors contact the roof liner makes a squeaky sound.

stevie boy 01
04-04-2007, 08:07 AM
thanks guys .. but it sounds as if its in the dash...its like plastic meets the glass.....

Nelson Lago
04-04-2007, 09:18 PM
ya recall i saw it on alldata check it out ......................... and also when the sunroof is popt-up it makes a rattle sound.................................you think for a benz thay would be a little quieter

stevie boy 01
04-05-2007, 01:19 AM
how do i check alldata and were do i find it ...thanks...

rman
04-05-2007, 07:45 AM
plastic piece on driver's seat - i took it off and silicone'd all the edges, put it back on and after it dried, trimmed any silicone showing.

sunroof - rattles with excessive wind pushing down on it - lower it a tiny bit so that the angle is not so high and wind is pushing mroe back then down.

my pass. front seatbelt makes a horrible sound when someone is sitting in it - it rubs the leather on the seat.
3rd brake light still rattles with bass (as well as everything else on rear deck >=/

OCKlasse
04-05-2007, 08:05 AM
Does anyone else's central vents make a little creaking sound? It bugs the shit out of me! I am thinking buying an all new piece and see if that alleviates the problem.

stevie boy 01
04-06-2007, 02:35 AM
thanks guys but i do not have a sun roof and its coming from the dash ...iam striping the dash out .....

m a x i m u s
04-06-2007, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by stevie boy 01
thanks guys but i do not have a sun roof and its coming from the dash ...iam striping the dash out .....

let us know what you find.

Nelson Lago
04-06-2007, 05:50 PM
i have alldata at my school but i cant tell you where you can find it i guess maby ask a local shop

RemoLexi
04-06-2007, 07:03 PM
I also have that dashboard squeek issue - its comming from behind the passenger airbag I think, Ive tried smacking it with my hand couple times didnt seem to work.

I noticed not to long ago my sunroof had the squeek issue too but it went away at one point.

I didnt notice these things until I blew my subs out, now I can hear every little rattling noise. I need a new subwoofer thats usually my fix for every annoying sound the car makes. :p

stevie boy 01
04-07-2007, 02:13 AM
well what a day i had .. the who dash out just to get rid of a bad creaking noise .. could not find anything wrong .. so put it all back together and ... the noise is gone .. dont ask me how but its gone ......

RemoLexi
04-07-2007, 07:31 AM
and you ripped your dash out for that ??? :eek:

would be much easier to buy a bigger subwoofer !! :D

stevie boy 01
04-08-2007, 05:39 AM
i have a very nice dvd player in my car and dont need subs .. and it cost me nothing to strip the dash , just time ,, i have a bmw m3 that i have took to bits and rebuilt many times ...its easy and it passes the time ...but subs ......no.no.

ncd
10-30-2007, 01:01 AM
Yeah I have noticed this creaking noise since I started driving my 202, and its not sun roof specific as I do not have one, I was suspecting the wind screen seal/bond... but I want to talk to a Auto Glazer and find out :)

damn strange that MB paint work, exhaust brackets, and dashboard/whatever are failing to get past 7 lousy years :suprise: :suprise:

:hmmm: