PDA

View Full Version : euro plates and cops

ryhi
08-26-2003, 12:04 PM
for those of u with a euro style plate up front....how do the cops tolerate it?? what are your experiences??

nokia8860
08-26-2003, 12:26 PM
cops leave me alone. and i sport front and back plates.

714guy
08-26-2003, 12:52 PM
I haven't had any problems, And i see cops all the time at the beach, I have it on the front and back too, rockin club202 style ;)

Heres a full nude frontal :D

http://www.caoinc.net/pics/frontal.jpg

Notice the E-spec bumper cover and license plate frame courtesy of the EUROPIMP.

Scotty-C190E
08-26-2003, 12:57 PM
I have front and back euro plates. Front is euro only. Rear is normal plate with the euro plate behind it. No problems with the law about this for at least a year and a half now since I put them on.

jnolte
08-26-2003, 01:33 PM
I dont have euro plates because there is no need for them, Im not european and i dont live in europe i live in the US also i really dont like getting pulled over so y give them more reasons to??

JRE320
08-26-2003, 01:38 PM
Just as long as you put on your regular plate then they'll leave you alone but some cops got nothing better to do they 'll give you a fixed ticket and they do cost nowadays before it's free once you've showed them that you've taken care of it.

MBATF
08-26-2003, 04:52 PM
Hmm..i only have th euro in thr front and no US plate ove rit, and i have a tickit that i got from last Chrismas, and i have not yet pay for it. but as far as i run into cops they have never said anything about it. just that one cop who gave me the tickit at a parking while i was in teh store!, that asshole....:mad:

bc24
08-26-2003, 06:44 PM
I have a euro plate on the front and really have no problems. The way I see it, here in Washington its the same ticket for having no font plate at all or a euro plate. Might as well put the euro plate on. I guess it does attract more attention to the car though. Oh well, it looks to good, I cant take it off.

Scotty-C190E
08-26-2003, 08:41 PM
Actually, the front of my car looks MUCH better with the euro plate than without, because there is that ugly gap for the US plate that it covers up nicely. Also generally, what looks better to you? Euro plates or US plates....hahah, no question there.

FreeStyler
08-26-2003, 08:52 PM
Definitely europlates! They look much more sleeker for some reason.....:cool:

ryhi
08-27-2003, 08:11 AM
maybe because we arent in europe and we are totally used to the US plates....i remember in the philippines your car was "cool" if you had US plates!! :confused:

JRE320
08-27-2003, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by ryhi
maybe because we arent in europe and we are totally used to the US plates....i remember in the philippines your car was "cool" if you had US plates!! :confused:

You're from P.I.?

ryhi
08-27-2003, 11:18 AM
no...im from here...but ive been there a few times

kameraguy
08-27-2003, 12:15 PM
At least in the SF Bay Area it's pretty much a gamble. If the cop has nothing better to do, they WILL pull you over! but most of the times they don't even sweat it as long as you have at least a REAR plate over the euro.

I had euro plates on my Audi and didn't have probs for over three years. But my luck ran out as I was driving to college one day....some random cop just pulled me over for the front plate violation.

It is not helping there are many street races nowadays. Cops are definitely more prone to hassle cars which look "modded".

This really is just luck of the draw. But it is technically illegal here so they do have the right to pull you over :/

qqbennyqq
08-28-2003, 08:49 AM
hi i was just curious where did u get the e spec bumper cover. and what kind of side skirts and rear bumper u have? and how much they cost

ViKTORiOUS
08-29-2003, 06:27 PM
Can I put my regular plate in the right corner of my windshield and put my Europlate on the front? Anyone have this setup?

Rocky
09-05-2003, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by ViKTORiOUS
Can I put my regular plate in the right corner of my windshield and put my Europlate on the front? Anyone have this setup?

Up here in Toronto, you need both front and read plates. Putting a euro plate on the front dash.winshield or back is an offense cause there's a law where you can only have one set of plates on a vehicle.

714guy
09-06-2003, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by qqbennyqq
hi i was just curious where did u get the e spec bumper cover. and what kind of side skirts and rear bumper u have? and how much they cost

the e-spec bumper was from the EUROPIMP a.k.a MbenzNL the only difference is it has the niche for the euro plate. the rest of the car is dressed in reiger(front/rear) and amg(skirts). I picked the whole setup for about 800, including the front and rear bumers.

qqbennyqq
09-11-2003, 05:32 PM
O thanks was it 800 dollars for front bumper/side skirt/rear bumper and paint? or no paint?

!!!!!NJ Drive
07-05-2005, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by 714guy
I haven't had any problems, And i see cops all the time at the beach, I have it on the front and back too, rockin club202 style ;)

Heres a full nude frontal :D

http://www.caoinc.net/pics/frontal.jpg

Notice the E-spec bumper cover and license plate frame courtesy of the EUROPIMP. sorry for digging up a dead thread , but do you still have any more pics of this?...