PDA

View Full Version : maintenance

svt ricco
04-07-2007, 05:18 PM
hi guys! im a new owner of a 99 c43, i was just wondering whats the difference between a and b service? i got my car with 64k miles, the guy who sold me the car gave me an a service for free after three weeks.and, how do you guys maintain yours? do you bring it to the dealership every so and so miles or do you guys just bring it to your local shop? your response will be truly appreciated

m a x i m u s
04-07-2007, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by svt ricco
hi guys! im a new owner of a 99 c43, i was just wondering whats the difference between a and b service? i got my car with 64k miles, the guy who sold me the car gave me an a service for free after three weeks.and, how do you guys maintain yours? do you bring it to the dealership every so and so miles or do you guys just bring it to your local shop? your response will be truly appreciated

the basic difference between the A and B is that the B gets a cabin filter change. the differences in A and B are printed out in the service manual (if you have yours). i personally take it to the dealership because my friend is a tech there. also, i have starmark warranty, and although i know that maintenance isn't covered, i usually have some other things fixed under starmark while my car is there. fyi, the cabin filter change is an easy DIY as well.

svt ricco
04-07-2007, 06:33 PM
what is covered by the starmark? mine is starmarked too and is it transferrable? and when will the starmark expire? thanx for your reply...btw, hows the car doin? when did you get it?

m a x i m u s
04-07-2007, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by svt ricco
what is covered by the starmark? mine is starmarked too and is it transferrable? and when will the starmark expire? thanx for your reply...btw, hows the car doin? when did you get it?

there are 2 different starmark coverages, so depends on which one you have. check out mbusa.com for more info on that. unless they gave you starmark paperwork, in which case, its all spelled out there. as far as i know, it is transferable. as for exp, again, depends on which you have. you can probably call the dealer, give your VIN, and they'll have all of that info. my car is great. no major probs to date. i had a bunch of minor stuff fixed under SM tho.

DirectLA
04-19-2007, 10:43 PM
Call the Mercedes 800# listed in your manual if you don't have the Starmark warranty booklet which normally has the warranty info. They can tell you when your coverage expires based on the vehicle VIN. It is transferrable among private parties of if purchased from a Mercedes dealer, but not from an independent used car dealer. You can also ask for a replacement booklet and send in the warranty update card inside so they have you properly listed, saving you delays when you go in for a service next.