PDA

View Full Version : does bosch icon wipers work?

yusuke280
04-08-2007, 09:21 AM
as topic,
do thoes icon wipers fit on our single hand wipers?

thanks!

martattack
04-08-2007, 09:30 AM
I've got one on my car. It works pretty well, except for it misses the final inch when it's at full left or right. It's due to the wiper not curving exactly to the windshield. Not too noticeable though.

Martin

OCKlasse
04-08-2007, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by BoominBenz
I've got one on my car. It works pretty well, except for it misses the final inch when it's at full left or right. It's due to the wiper not curving exactly to the windshield. Not too noticeable though.

Martin

Do you remember what the Model we need is? Thanks!

martattack
04-08-2007, 10:16 AM
I can't remember. All I remember is that I got the 24" one. I think that was all the store had.. they just went by length.

anf6789
04-08-2007, 02:38 PM
i have the twenty four inch model too it works great. looks awesome too

yusuke280
04-08-2007, 02:54 PM
do u guys mind posting a close up pic :)

thanks!

anf6789
04-08-2007, 06:34 PM
these are pretty close, lol

it definately looks better than any other wiper in my opinion, you can see on my car how it has that wing shape to it to keep it planted on the window to prevent noise.

Wermacht123
04-09-2007, 02:03 PM
The Icon's do look nice, but i must warn you they put unecissary strain on the wiper motor. I had one on for about 3 months, and it stripped my electric motor gears. What happend was that the blade is so flexible it flexed every time the wiper when through its downward chopping motion. The blade actually would crease and stop the wiper motor for a plit second. One day when it was particullarly rainy i had been using the wiper on all day. It eventually broke the tooth of my gear and stopped right as it was entering the downward chopping motion. I brought it to the dealer to get fixed. Which cost me $200, so I warn you be careful with those wipers. They may look nice but may end up costing you $$

RemoLexi
04-09-2007, 02:06 PM
when theres mad rain I use a ton of rainX spray and I dont even have the wiper on.

I only use the wiper in light rain conditions.

!!!!!NJ Drive
04-09-2007, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Wermacht123
The Icon's do look nice, but i must warn you they put unecissary strain on the wiper motor. I had one on for about 3 months, and it stripped my electric motor gears. What happend was that the blade is so flexible it flexed every time the wiper when through its downward chopping motion. The blade actually would crease and stop the wiper motor for a plit second. One day when it was particullarly rainy i had been using the wiper on all day. It eventually broke the tooth of my gear and stopped right as it was entering the downward chopping motion. I brought it to the dealer to get fixed. Which cost me $200, so I warn you be careful with those wipers. They may look nice but may end up costing you $$ are you sure it wasnt more of the wiper arm being angled incorrectly. I'm on my 4th icon wiper (changed every 6 months) & i love them. The blade is wide and so flexible its like a squeegee. I actually had a wiper motor go on me, & swithched to icon because of same problem you had.

BBW
04-10-2007, 02:48 PM
Heres a picture of mine:

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m248/KillerHERTZ/march1.jpg

10x better than a standard one, no noise ether.

anf6789
04-12-2007, 08:56 AM
and it looks soooooo much better

99C280Sport
10-20-2007, 10:09 PM
I bought a Bosch ICON today... 424A. It rained tonight so I got to test it out... not very pleased - well, I am very pleased with its wiping action because it was very quiet and it wiped really well - but it missed a spot in the middle of the windshield (like the wiper bowed up and wasn't flat against the windshield when through the middle section of the wipe). I'm just gonna bring it back tomorrow and get a MicroEdge.

Devero
10-24-2007, 06:35 PM
Let us know how the micro edge treats you. :D