PDA

View Full Version : OEM headlights beam pattern

JRE320
08-27-2003, 09:26 AM
I know I've asked this a million times but to find a really flat even ground with a wide flat wall is so difficult. So anyone got any idea on how I can align my headlights the easy way please...... :rolleyes: :bored: ;) :)

Can someone please move this? I don't why I put this one here.... :rolleyes:

CKlasse
08-27-2003, 09:56 AM
Other than using HELLA BEAMSETTER, vertical walls would be the easiest way. :(

It's almost impossible to simply adjust the angle through the star adjuster on the back of your headlight as each headlight assembly sits differently. Unless anyone else has a trick that I dont know of.

PS... JRE, sorry man, I havent had time to took off the fuel rail and take some pictures for the 'how to.' Perhaps I could steal some pictures off JasonH's site and write up a quick how to. :)

nokia8860
08-27-2003, 10:11 AM
Jun give up them headlights and just get normal ones.

JRE320
08-27-2003, 12:17 PM
I've replaced the lens to OEM now so now I'm try'in to align them
again. I don't know if the bulbs got something to do with the beam pattern. Instead of using the H4 bulbs, my Euro headlights from Bekkers uses 2 H1 bulbs. I wish I can afford some hids so I can just dump these motherf*$%s...... :rolleyes: :( ;) :)

CKlasses,
No problemos take your time but make sure when you make your commitment you better let us know what day,week or year you gonna post those info......... :p ;) :) coz I know someone said that before.... give me time and I'll research it for you and I forgot to asked........ :p :D :cool:

JRE320
09-02-2003, 07:47 AM
I finally got it align. Damn!!! I hate these lights...... :mad: :rolleyes: ;) everytime someone touches it.... this is one of the things that body shop did to my car. :mad: :rolleyes: :o

BenzMeister
09-08-2003, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by JRE320
I know I've asked this a million times but to find a really flat even ground with a wide flat wall is so difficult. So anyone got any idea on how I can align my headlights the easy way please...... :rolleyes: :bored: ;) :)

Can someone please move this? I don't why I put this one here.... :rolleyes:

When you open the case that covers the back of the headlights, there is a level type tube on each light. If you can't find the proper ground effects or don't want to take the car to a dealer, turn the knurled knob for the low beams until the bubble is on the dead center line. As I remember if you the bubble goes above the center line the lights are higher, or vice versa. Anyway I did this until I could get to a dealer and I was a "hair" off I was told after they aligned the lites with a machine. By the way this applies to my 99 C280, don't know if all C series years work like this. Another thing when you are aligning the lowbeams you have to slide the green plate next to the level bubble to the same spot , don't know why, but that's what my owner manual said to do.

JRE320
09-08-2003, 04:19 PM
I got those bubbles on my OEM lights however I broke them longtime ago. Now I got the Euro type lights and they don't come with those level bubbles. :( ;) :)

BenzMeister
09-14-2003, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by JRE320
I got those bubbles on my OEM lights however I broke them longtime ago. Now I got the Euro type lights and they don't come with those level bubbles. :( ;) :) Will euro lenses fit the American hearlights? My brother lives in europe and could pick me up the lenses, the entire headlight is not possible financially now?