PDA

View Full Version : Holes afeter removing trunk c280 emblem?

Bryan858
04-12-2007, 10:06 AM
Did a search but nothing really talked about any mounting holes and I just want to make sure before I do this.
I'd like to remove just the C280 emblem on my 95 and leave it blank. Is there any holes behind the emblem or is it just double sided taped on? Again its a 95 if it makes any difference.
Thanks for any info guys... - Bryan

trymonlam
04-12-2007, 10:14 AM
i believe it's just glue in the back, no holes.

Proven Guilty
04-12-2007, 10:35 AM
the only badges on the car that has holes is the trunk/boot lid's star emblem, that has 3 plastic anchors holding the star in.

if want to debadge the car, it should be fairly simple, just be careful not to scratch the paint by using something hard like a screwdriver. a bondo applicator, or hard plastic spatula is actually decent for getting them off haha. another method may be if you have some high test fishing line, if the back of the badges are really soft.

the glue is kind of a 2-sided tape with foam in the middle that you could soften them up with a hairdryer. there's no easy way to get them off, so i just kinda rubbed on them with goo gone and some fingernail action, to which you can usually remove the surface scratches aftewards with a light wax.

bish0p
04-12-2007, 11:40 AM
i just debadged my car yesterday. there are no holes. i used fishing line and just slid it behind the thing and it comes off. there's a black sort of foamy double side tape that they used to stick it on there. it comes off fairly easily. just use your fingernails. then i cleaned the area and waxed it a little. there's no fade or marks at all for me. you can't tell where it used to be.

69chevelle
04-12-2007, 11:44 AM
I removed my badges yesterday too but for some reason even after completely taking off the sticky tape and reworking the area with rubbing compound...you can still see a light shadow of where the words, "kompressor" used to be..
I mean it's very very light and you can only see it at an angle when direct light is hitting it.

Bryan858
04-14-2007, 07:52 PM
Thanks guys... I just did this today but I think I rubbed a bit to hard to remove the sticky stuff and now it looks like there is an outline around the area where the emblems use to be and especially were the 2sided tape was. I'm going to try to buff it out tomorow but it looks like its not going to disapear... Maybe my 95's just to old to debadge cleanly...

OzC36
04-15-2007, 06:49 AM
If it looks too crappy, then just re-badge it!

Bryan858
04-17-2007, 09:23 PM
OzC36 If it looks too crappy, then just re-badge it!

Yup.. I still haven't gotten around to buffing it out but I may just have to rebadge it or maybe put something else in its place... It just looks so much cleaner when badgeless though...

bish0p
04-18-2007, 01:32 AM
wow i'm not sure why so many people have trouble with the staining. i had no trouble at all. i have a white car. what color is your car? you can't see the outline at all, at any angle

OzC36
04-18-2007, 02:45 AM
Perhaps only the darker colours are bleached by the ultra-violet light?

Bryan858
04-19-2007, 03:38 PM
I guess it is just the darker cars... Or maybe the addhesive is so old it started to mix with the paint, ahahaha? or used a different adhessive on the older models? Just been to busy to buff it out but i'll post results when done...