PDA

View Full Version : speaker fitment

svt ricco
04-12-2007, 11:23 PM
can an 8" sub fit into my rear deck? i have a 99 c43 with premium sound

benzonline
04-13-2007, 11:44 AM
Whats with the (2) 6.5" woofers in there now?

svt ricco
04-13-2007, 08:58 PM
oh,are those 6.5? i thought they were 8" subs..u think they will fit? or do i have to do some cutting which i dont wanna do

AirPost
04-13-2007, 11:38 PM
8's won't fit, you'll need to do some metal cutting. Like some users here, either remove both 6.5's and add a box or leave them alone and add a box and just fine tune so that it'll compliment or blend into your current setup, frequency-wise.

I left mine alone and added dual 11's and fine-tuned it and it "sounds" seamless. Will be replacing the fronts as my next project. Also, don't skimp on the speaker wire - I used Canare 4S11 and I can "hear" the difference compared to other speaker cables.

If you do decide to replace the woofers with 8" subwoofers, be sure that they are 'free air' types - but I'm sure you already know this.

What amplifier are you gonna run the 8's with?

svt ricco
04-14-2007, 12:57 AM
i was planning on doing a simple setup...alpine head unit and changer, 5 channel jl audio amp to power everything. i wanted to start with the amp and sub then work on the others. whats the size of the front and rear speakers?

AirPost
04-14-2007, 01:14 AM
There's a lot of posts regarding the speaker sizes, locations and setup. Try doing a search so you gather more info. To get you started, I believe the fronts have 5.25's and rear has 3.5. You can fit a 6.5 up front and 5.25 in the rear with some patience, creativity and modifications. You'll get an idea once you go through the posts that covered this scenario.