PDA

View Full Version : Camber Arm - Group of Ten

speedybenz
08-27-2003, 07:52 PM
To the group of ten please send the cost of the arms to this Paypal account: KIMDAC@aol.com. If you have any questions please email me and I will send you instructions.

1. MBTF
2. Rocky
3. Renn208
4. 714Guy
5. CKlasse
6. Speedybenz
7. J. Irwin
8. toamend
9. Moe
10. kodiak
11. Three Point Six

Thanks,

Jeff
JShort@Teichert.com

MBATF
08-27-2003, 09:26 PM
money sent $250!;)

broke now...:(

CKlasse
08-27-2003, 09:55 PM
Paypal sent.. it will take 2-3 biz day to clear my bank! Thanks Jeff!

714guy
08-28-2003, 05:48 AM
250 sent jeff, thanks

Rocky
08-28-2003, 06:44 AM
Does the 250 include shipping to Canada? Also need to knwo if you can mark like $50 bucks on the box and check it as a gift to help me with duty.

Thank Jeff, once I can confirm money will be in paypal in 2 minutes :)

speedybenz
08-28-2003, 09:01 AM
Hi Gentleman,

I guess the paypal site does not show the shipping charges, but it is going to cost me about $12 to ship the arms around and I was hoping to get $10 from you guys to pay for the costs.

I guess I screwed up by not including it in the cost. If I was making anything on these I would include the shipping but I am really not making any money to speak of.

Sorry for the mixup.

Thanks,

Jeff

Rocky
08-28-2003, 10:18 AM
Woo hoo..just paid my fare and rdy for the ride!

toamend
08-28-2003, 12:00 PM
I'm in

kodiak
08-28-2003, 10:51 PM
Aight ... i'll send you another 12 buck ... sheesh! j/k

Cannot wait to get them!

~dnm

speedybenz
08-29-2003, 07:51 AM
Sooorrrrry,

CKlasse
08-29-2003, 08:21 AM
Jeff,

Don't worry about putting in some markup for S&H, and profit for yourself. I believe everyone is grateful. This Camber link is so far the best solution to rear camber prob. at decent price.

Paypal alone cost you a good 3%.

Now, do you really only need another $12?

PS.. i am busy this weekend. Monday I ll look up the bolt that you are asking. I have the feeling it would be the same as C280. In fact, I ll ask nokia to look for the part number. :)

J Irwan
08-29-2003, 09:14 AM
Jeff,

Since I am in San Diego this week, I can't sent out the check yet.

But I will send out the check this weekend.
so it's $250 + $12 shipping then..?

Let me know.

Regardz,

speedybenz
08-29-2003, 11:36 AM
CKlasse,

Thanks. Yes, the $12 extra will be fine. I will make a little $ on this, enough to buy some more drills and and lathe cutting bits. I am glad to make these parts and am pretty sure you guys will find this to be a good solution to your excessive negative rear camber probs.

J Irwin - Thats fine.

And yes if you can get Nokia to look up the bolt part numbers for the end of the camber arm that connects to the hub upright would be great. As I told CKlasse I ordered a sets of used arms to use as a pattern but found that the outer bolt assem. was different on my C43. So I just want to check what the connection is on the C36 and C280. I know it is one of two types.

Jeff

Rocky
08-29-2003, 11:40 AM
I bet ya Jeff can make a killing selling these things independently.

36SlaMMed
09-02-2003, 09:52 AM
Now how does this camber kit work? Do you have to make adjustments yourself? Or do you just bolt the kit on and drive away?

If additional kits are available later on then im interested, let me know about this.
Thanks Gary

MBATF
09-02-2003, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by 36SlaMMed
Now how does this camber kit work? Do you have to make adjustments yourself? Or do you just bolt the kit on and drive away?

If additional kits are available later on then im interested, let me know about this.
Thanks Gary Its an adjustable rear camber kit, so i do have to adjust to your spec, plus every memebrs have tehir own rid hiegh so...yea...:)

Rocky
09-02-2003, 12:48 PM
The yellow piece (centre piece) is turnable. Turn them one way and you get negative camber, turn them the other and you'll get positive camber. Almost like setting your from TOE.

Three Point 6
09-02-2003, 04:26 PM
I just read your E.mail Jeff, Thanks for adding me to the list. Now I will go to a thinner pad out back and get a little lower!

CKlasse
09-02-2003, 06:42 PM
Jeff,

According to Nokia's cataloq - Mine would be 10mm bolts. However, I dont have time to take a peek at mine yet. The soonest is probably thursday. We've been swamped since the holiday. :(

714guy
09-03-2003, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by 36SlaMMed

Thanks Gary
email me, i might be giving up mine. 714guy@sbcglobal.net

toamend
09-08-2003, 07:09 PM
So has anyone received and installed yet? Any installation tips to pass on? What is the best way to measure current camber/corrected camber?
WTS

speedybenz
09-08-2003, 07:50 PM
Todd,

I am waiting to recieve the rod end pieces and then I can start sending out the arms. I hope to have some complete by mid next week.

Sorry for the slight delay. It just takes a little time in the garage machining the inserts.

On the C43 you will have to jack up the rear and remove the wheel. You will need a 19mm and 18mm wrench or socket to remove the inner bolt and nut. The outer bolt takes a 12point, 12mm socket and 18mm wrench.

Once the bolts are loose just pull up slightly on the hub and they will slide out.

Then adjust the camber arm to the same length as your old arm and finger tighten the jam nuts. Slide the arm into place and put the bolts in the holes. Install the nuts and tighten everything down. Then lastly tighten the jam nuts with a wrench. Your done. Go do the other side.

Jeff

JasonH
09-10-2003, 04:18 PM
Can someone post a pic of this?

TIA
Jason

la_lakra
09-12-2003, 07:43 AM
Look I dropped my ride with koni adjustables and h&r is this kit going to solve the problem about the camber kit? Please I need some info and let me knoe if I can still order mine

Regards,

G Padilla

moedigga
09-12-2003, 12:21 PM
Hey jeff, sorry but I missed this thread till this afternoon. Im on it and will get paypal straight in few minutes. MY EMAIL is moe8445@yahoo.com Thanks-MOE

MBATF
09-12-2003, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by la_lakra
Look I dropped my ride with koni adjustables and h&r is this kit going to solve the problem about the camber kit? Please I need some info and let me knoe if I can still order mine

Regards,

G Padilla Find out if ur cambers is the the Max yet and whats ur camber setting is now, if there is no more room to adjust the cambers then u will need teh kit for it.

Remember, the more lower u go, the more Negtive cambers u get and its easily to get max out with teh OEM cambers.

toamend
09-19-2003, 06:00 AM
Speedy,
How's the assembly going? I'm waiting on the camber arms so I can install my new tires on the 'corrected' rear end.
Thanks

speedybenz
09-19-2003, 07:40 PM
You will get the arms very soon. Sorry for the short delay.

Jeff

CKlasse
09-20-2003, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by Rocky
I bet ya Jeff can make a killing selling these things independently.

If you take this idea ever seriously, Jeff.. let me know :)
Between the two shops, we can fabricate everything - CNC etc.

Rocky
09-25-2003, 05:31 AM
Any updates Jeff?

Rocky
09-29-2003, 11:23 AM
Anyone?

speedybenz
09-29-2003, 11:33 AM
Rocky, I sent out a set to Junaidi to test fit and it looks like everything is fine. So I will be sending yours out this Tuesday. And others to follow along shortly.

Sorry for the delay. I have been very busy and so went to a machine shop to get some help turning out the rod end inserts and they have done nothing.

So I will be finding time in the evenings to get these done. Again I am sorry for the delay.

Jeff

Rocky
09-29-2003, 12:21 PM
Don't apologize Jeff... we should be thanking you for putting the time and effort into fabrication the arms for us....just looking for an update. Take youre time Jeff.

P.S. I think you should mass market these thing...maybe a new suspension business? hehe

Renn 208
09-29-2003, 12:28 PM
Don't apologize Jeff... we should be thanking you for putting the time and effort into fabrication the arms for us....just looking for an update. Take youre time Jeff.

P.S. I think you should mass market these thing...maybe a new suspension business? hehe

This is pretty much how Kevin Buckler of The Racer's Group got started...;)

Jeff, I'll be looking for you to field a Mercedes LeMans GT team sometime in the not-too-distant future!

CKlasse
09-29-2003, 12:36 PM
That would be way cool!

Rocky
09-29-2003, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Renn 208
This is pretty much how Kevin Buckler of The Racer's Group got started...;)

Jeff, I'll be looking for you to field a Mercedes LeMans GT team sometime in the not-too-distant future!

Can I be the driver Jeff? :)

But seriously...it would be nice to see a less expensive alternative to the super tuners of renntech, brabus etc.....and guess what..you'll have a huge market for it.

nokia8860
09-29-2003, 12:44 PM
But seriously...it would be nice to see a less expensive alternative to the super tuners of renntech, brabus etc.....and guess what..you'll have a huge market for it.

:werd:

speedybenz
10-02-2003, 08:51 AM
I will have all the sets out to those who have paid by next Monday. Thanks for your patience.

Also I will have 2 extra sets for those who wanted to buy Camber Arms.

Just let me know.

Jeff

kodiak
10-02-2003, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by speedybenz
I will have all the sets out to those who have paid by next Monday. Thanks for your patience.

Just let me know.

Jeff

Thanks for the update- cannot wait to see them.

~dnm

98c43amg
10-02-2003, 03:54 PM

I haven't lowered my car yet, but I'll take a set in advance of that. (I believe I may go with Euro AMG springs. ...do you recommed?)

I missed how much? You can send public of private e-mail if you still have them available.

Thanx,
Steve

Rocky
10-02-2003, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by 98c43amg
I haven't lowered my car yet, but I'll take a set in advance of that. (I believe I may go with Euro AMG springs. ...do you recommed?)

I missed how much? You can send public of private e-mail if you still have them available.

Thanx,
Steve

If your using Euro Spec springs..you won't need them...it only drops less then an inche.

If you have huge drops then go for it. mines is over 2 inches.

speedybenz
10-03-2003, 06:48 AM
98c43AMG,

If you still want a set I will have one available. It does seem to make the operation of the rear suspension a little better, more controlled.

And if you are going for track days and such you will have the ability to dial in more negative camber to get the tires to stick better.

Jeff

714guy
10-03-2003, 10:55 AM
just got them yesterday and they look very nice, Jeff. Where did you get all that necco candy wrapers at to stuff the packages?? Are you planning on making a kit for the front too??? maybe upper control arms with adj/replaceable ball joints any time soon?

Thanks for the goods

Jason

98c43amg
10-03-2003, 07:26 PM
If your using Euro Spec springs..you won't need them...it only drops less then an inche.
If you have huge drops then go for it. mines is over 2 inches.

I'd go lower if I can keep my car going in a straight line and not railroading around following every groove in the road. I understand good alignment has a lot to do with this, and this mod seems to address that, on the rear tires at least. So... maybe I will!
:p

98c43amg
10-03-2003, 07:57 PM
98c43AMG,

If you still want a set I will have one available.
Jeff

I don't know what they cost, but I believe I'll take the set. PayPal?

-steve

speedybenz
10-03-2003, 08:30 PM
98c43amg,

The camber arms are $250 a set plus $10 for shipping. And yes there is a Paypal account listed on the first page of this thread.

Let me know if your still interested.

Jeff

98c43amg
10-04-2003, 10:32 AM
98c43amg,
The camber arms are $250 a set plus $10 for shipping. And yes there is a Paypal account listed on the first page of this thread.
Let me know if your still interested.
Jeff

I am and was just seconds away from PayPal'ing you the money ... but just got hit with this month's credit card bill (my wife just opened it), and it's a doozy. First time we won't be able to pay the whole thing off in years. I'm going to have to sit this round out and hope there's group demand for you to go another round.
:dpress:
Bummer.

(From what Steve K. ['MBenzNL'] told me I'm surprise he didn't get a set)

moedigga
10-13-2003, 09:06 AM
Hey Jeff, Just wondering if you had a chance to get my arms out yet? I did get the payment into your paypal account. Sorry didnt realize the shipping aswell. But can get that to ya. Thanks-MOE

speedybenz
10-13-2003, 09:49 AM
Moe, Your arms went out today. Along with CKlasse, Renn208, MBTF, Toad's and Kodiak's.

Please let me know if you have any install questions. I tried to make it as striaght forward as possible.

Jeff

kameraguy
10-13-2003, 09:51 AM
Jeff, will you be making any more in the future? I would be interested in getting these, but can't at this moment. This sounds like a great mod!

speedybenz
10-13-2003, 09:54 AM
Kameraguy,

I made 5 extra sets. One set is spoken for so that leaves 4 sets.

If you can commit to buying in the next month I will hold a set for you as well.

Just let me know.

Jeff

moedigga
10-13-2003, 10:47 AM
Moe, Your arms went out today. Along with CKlasse, Renn208, MBTF, Toad's and Kodiak's.

Please let me know if you have any install questions. I tried to make it as striaght forward as possible.

Jeff Jeff you da man!!, hey email me an address if possible to moe8445@yahoo.com. I'll just mail you a personal check for 10bucks on shipping. Thanks again -MOE

speedybenz
10-13-2003, 11:03 AM
For installation the left hand threaded part of the rod bolts up to the subframe or inner mount. The right hand threaded side bolts up to the hub section.

For those owners with C36, C230, C280. The hub mounting hardware goes on as follows. The alum. spacer goes against the hub followed by the rod end. The small end of the included insert slides into the hub while the larger section engages the rod end. The washers are used to keep from having to cut the stock bolt. The washers go to the outside of the rod end (away from the hub) and the stock bolt head fits up against them.

The fewer washers you use the better, but use all 4 if you need to, it will not cause a weaker bolted connection.

Jeff

Tump43
10-17-2003, 03:46 PM
Jeff --

I definately want to buy one of your rear camber arm sets. Let me know if you have one left to sell to me. It's $250 plus $15 for shipping -- right?

Send me an email at mmclaw@optonline.net and I will paypal you the money along with my shipping address in New York.

I'm also interested in getting a set of the polyurethane control arm bushings that you mentioned in the clubracer forum. Let me know if you can get me a set of these as well -- we have the exact same model after all!

Thanks

Renn 208
10-17-2003, 04:58 PM
got the arms yesterday Jeff. Right sexy stuff mmmm.

Thanks!

CKlasse
10-17-2003, 11:24 PM
sheesh..Ive been spending my afternoon stalking the Fedex, UPS, USPS, DHL, AIRBORN, and sometimes even UHAUL trucks waiting for my set!! :confused:

Three Point 6
10-31-2003, 10:32 AM
Jeff, You've got mail! Im ready to order mine now and join the zero degree daily driver club!

Three Point 6
10-31-2003, 07:50 PM
Jeff, $260 in your Paypal! Send 'em over to Texas!

Can't wait. All of the sudden I notice clocks more often?

speedybenz
10-31-2003, 08:12 PM

Your arms will go out on Monday, so you should have them by next Thurs.

Jeff

Three Point 6
10-31-2003, 08:48 PM
Yhea! No more ghetto 'compromised' slam job!

Did you ship them to my work address & if its UPS can you shoot me a tracking #?

jimmydagreek
11-06-2003, 11:05 AM
Just ordered mine, can't wait...

coolcarlskic43
07-28-2004, 08:02 PM
98c43AMG,

If you still want a set I will have one available. It does seem to make the operation of the rear suspension a little better, more controlled.

And if you are going for track days and such you will have the ability to dial in more negative camber to get the tires to stick better.

Jeff Do you still sell the camber kits for the c43? Thanx!

speedybenz
07-28-2004, 10:29 PM
Yes I am still making Camber Arms for C43's , and all W203, W210, and W208 and W124.

Right now they are about 2 weeks out due to my heavy work load at my regular job. I have 3 sets to get out this week and I am only going to get one set out prior to Friday. I have to set aside some weekend time to machine parts for new orders.

Thanks for your interest. Cost is $260 shipped. If you can use Paypal the account is: Kimdac@aol.com

Jeff

coolcarlskic43
07-29-2004, 02:31 AM
Yes I am still making Camber Arms for C43's , and all W203, W210, and W208 and W124.

Right now they are about 2 weeks out due to my heavy work load at my regular job. I have 3 sets to get out this week and I am only going to get one set out prior to Friday. I have to set aside some weekend time to machine parts for new orders.

Thanks for your interest. Cost is $260 shipped. If you can use Paypal the account is: Kimdac@aol.com

Jeff Are they a bitch to install,and do you think i would need them using the eibach prokit springs?Thanx!

toamend
07-29-2004, 04:44 AM
Coolcarlsick,
I can testify to the quality of Jeff's work because I bought a set last year, however since I have raised my car with thicker spring pads I no longer have a camber issue to resolve.

I have the new set Jeff sent me, brand new and never installed, if anyone wants them. Of course I'd like to get my $260 back, but let's say $250 shipped. Anyone can contact me at todd@rumblecity.com if interested
Thanks,
Todd

coolcarlskic43
07-29-2004, 05:06 AM
Originally posted by toamend
Coolcarlsick,
I can testify to the quality of Jeff's work because I bought a set last year, however since I have raised my car with thicker spring pads I no longer have a camber issue to resolve.

I have the new set Jeff sent me, brand new and never installed, if anyone wants them. Of course I'd like to get my $260 back, but let's say $250 shipped. Anyone can contact me at todd@rumblecity.com if interested
Thanks,
Todd Coolcarlsick, LOL!Coolcarlsick

CoolcarlskiC43

coolcarlskic43
07-29-2004, 05:11 AM
What # spring pads are you using and what springs? 17 or 18 Inch rims?

toamend
07-29-2004, 05:14 AM
Stock 17" rims, H&R springs, it had # 1 pads on rear, I put # 4 pads to raise it about 1/2 inch. I live in downtown Boston and the roads suck so back I needed the extra ground clearance, I liked it lower but I had no choice!

coolcarlskic43
07-29-2004, 05:28 AM
Stock 17" rims, H&R springs, it had # 1 pads on rear, I put # 4 pads to raise it about 1/2 inch. I live in downtown Boston and the roads suck so back I needed the extra ground clearance, I liked it lower but I had no choice! Believe me I know what you mean. I live in NYC. And thats what I'd have to do as well. I'll be using eibach springs though.

toamend
07-29-2004, 06:03 AM
NYC has the same issues, it's this lovely northeast weather. Anyway, let me know if your interested in the camber arms, although they look nice sitting on my bookshelf I think they would be better suited installed in someones car!
Todd

TantricBenz
07-30-2004, 09:14 AM
Guys, I'm totally new to this forum so, please show me the ropes. I'm so thrilled to find a group of owners that have attempted and accomplished what I'd like to complete on my hauler. Please tell me what I need to do to get Jeff's camber kit, I just had to replace my rear pilot sport A/S's because of negative camber.

I'm currently running AMG 17'', Pilot sport A/S, 1.5'' Eibach drop, Koni sport damper set to hard.

Renn 208
07-30-2004, 10:03 AM
Welcome to CLUB202 Tantric. Hope you find all you need here.

Here's Jeff's contact info:

speedyafm2@aol.com

Please be prepared to wait a bit, as these are hand crafted items, and Jeff's a busy guy as it is.

Oh, and don't forget to post pictures of your car in the gallery!

Regards,

Renn

toamend
07-30-2004, 10:09 AM
Tantric,
As stated in the previous posts I have solved my camber problem by raising my car and have my set of uninstalled-never-used-built-by-jeff camber arms sitting on my bookshelf. If you would like them sooner rather then later I can have them to you immediately for $250 shipped. I'm sure Jeff will make more and sell every one that he continues to make.

Todd@rumblecity.com

slipNslide
08-05-2004, 12:11 PM
toamend - You got mail!

coolcarlskic43
08-05-2004, 12:21 PM
Stock 17" rims, H&R springs, it had # 1 pads on rear, I put # 4 pads to raise it about 1/2 inch. I live in downtown Boston and the roads suck so back I needed the extra ground clearance, I liked it lower but I had no choice! I got #2's on and this thing sits pretty low in the bac.i think I may have to go #4 as well

toamend
08-10-2004, 10:33 AM
FYI- my camber arms have been sold, thanks for the interest!