PDA

View Full Version : <<< AMS Crankshaft Pulley Installed >>>

omeyhomey
04-21-2007, 11:41 AM

C280/////AMG
04-21-2007, 12:02 PM
Omey, this sounds too good to be true!!!! :D :D

What car did you just fit this alu pulley to?

RemoLexi
04-21-2007, 12:14 PM
M111 Non-K pully my money on that is ready!! ill start a list of people come on!!!! :)

Green Lantern
04-21-2007, 02:21 PM
where to GET!!!!!!!!

RacerXofFL
04-21-2007, 04:44 PM
Well when their retail Ill take one, if you want I have dyno access and the toos to install on site... So if you get me one soon I can give you 3.2L before and afters...

Don

predrag1
04-21-2007, 05:00 PM
cant wait for dyno results

summer was close till you posted this thread :(

Green Lantern
04-21-2007, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by omeyhomey
hehe, my bad. Believe me boys im trying. The header + Pulley combo is going to be the big ticket for the C36s and also the 280s, its finally gonna give those 280's the torque they deserve.

Honestly though the most practical application of them is fuel mileage efficiency, I have noticed a large increase in gas mileage so far (when I'm not dropping the hammer down :D ).

Tomorrow I will be running with a few modded C5 Z06s to see how I have improved. From 80+ last time we were almost dead even, C5 barely pulling ahead, this time hopefuly I should be able to pull away from him at speed. we'll find out tomorrow
YES! there is a god! i hope i can get more than 15/16 mpg

RemoLexi
04-21-2007, 08:32 PM
fine then. no M111 pulley means ill be on the look-out for a C280/C36 engine and 5-speed trans.

RacerXofFL
04-21-2007, 09:07 PM
2 things:

1: a c280 can not keep up with a modded c5 z06, vids or ban.
2: I have a 3.2L 5 speed, I can give you a real dyno result, not like your pos c280 that rolls c5's from 80, or the auto c36.

Also: Why would someone with the ability to build the worlds first lightweight harmonic balancer pulley pay MB to install it?

OCKlasse
04-21-2007, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by RacerXofFL
2 things:

1: a c280 can not keep up with a modded

Also: Why would someone with the ability to build the worlds first lightweight harmonic balancer pulley pay MB to install it?

He has an E55, not a C280.

And yes, I was wondering that myself.

predrag1
04-21-2007, 10:03 PM
2 things:

2: I have a 3.2L 5 speed, I can give you a real dyno result, not like your pos c280 that rolls c5's from 80, or the auto c36.

question

what are you doing here if you think c280 or c36 are pos??

Id take c36 over any car in its class, Id take it over a corvette too

and he obviously took it to the shop to see if they wanted to install it, not everyone knows how to install these and if u buy them whos gonna install them for you??

not all shops will install 3rd party parts for you

and btw all american cars are crap, no offense to you americans but u know this is true, they might be good in a straight line but overall they suck

bish0p
04-21-2007, 10:04 PM
this all sounds great. but has there been a price for this pulley yet?

kyo216
04-21-2007, 10:59 PM
2 things:

why the hell do ppl keep making retarded comparisons. i remember this other guy was comparing a car to a r6 bike.... why are you comparing a luxary sedan to a gayass but fast vette???

btw what does wot stand for?

RemoLexi
04-21-2007, 11:11 PM
sorry to butt in, yea it also questioned me why Omey would pay up $200 to the dealer for the install when he clearly has knowledge about what hes doing probably more then any of you kiddo's questioning him. its probably to make sure that the people buying this part would have somewhere to go to for installation - and if the dealership will install it then it must be 110% safe, and no problems! :) its actually a very smart thing he did to make sure you people buying his piece would be well-taken care of when installation comes.

haha yea I remember someone compared an R6 to a car, still makes me laugh since I go through differnt threads and see that over and over, kinda silly. :rolleyes: like comparing apples to oranges.

RemoLexi
04-21-2007, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by kyo216

btw what does wot stand for?

I believe it stands for Wide-Open throttle, correct me if im wrong.

C280/////AMG
04-22-2007, 02:12 AM
2 things:

I don't think i've ever seen so many stupid comments in one reply.

Firstly, one should read the previous replies to ascertain what car omey has.

Secondly, you've got to ask yourself why a tuner would send his car to the dealership and then come up with a rational answer.

Thirdly, and most importantly, what does 'POS' stand for? (I assume it's not a good thing)

enawazh
04-22-2007, 02:38 AM
Piece Of Shit

C280/////AMG
04-22-2007, 03:46 AM
I see... so then what the hell is he doing on a 202 forum?

rman
04-22-2007, 06:15 AM
Originally posted by predrag1
question
and btw all american cars are crap, no offense to you americans but u know this is true, they might be good in a straight line but overall they suck

disagree with this.
i am almost convinced that you are really rollin under a new screen name because you both posses a style of saying stupid shit.

i'll admit that my MB has one of the nicest build qualities and handling, but i'm just DYING to get into another ford. The MB is a great car, don't get me wrong. I just disagree that american cars are crap.

RacerXofFL
04-22-2007, 06:30 AM
I have owned a c280 for 6 years now. I have bossted it over 400hp, I have blown 4 (or was it 5?) auto trannys in it.

It is now a 5speed, not may of these out there....

It will be stand alone soon, 2 reasons. The MB throttle body is SHIT, and even with 2 piggy backs I poped 3 head gaskets under 12 psi in the past.

My father has worked for the same mercedes dealership for 23 years, is a MB master tech, been within a few spots of the free trip to germany quite a few times (big disappointment to me) and the dealership installing an aftermarket part DOES NOT MAKE IT SAFE.

If I can convince my partner in turbobenz to do MegaSquirts, we will give much better results for your same 600+$

HE CAN NOT GIVE YOU AN ACCURATE RESULT ON A AUTO CAR.

I CAN.

I love mercedes, and people constantly qestion my driving, and how my car survives, I say that is why I drive this car, if it were an american car it would have fallen apart on day 1.

please, feel free to check out www.turbobenz.com see what we will be turning out soon, and think... Do you want parts from a tuner claiming MPG gains, and 20hp off a lightweight pulley, or a laptop tuneable stand alone, and turbo setup?

Don

RacerXofFL
04-22-2007, 06:32 AM
Originally posted by RemoLexi
110% safe

Have fun with that.

RacerXofFL
04-22-2007, 06:40 AM
I just cant stop laughin at this thread. I just thought of it, I swapped to a 3.2L for less then 649$ what a joke, and per benz specs I shoulda picked up 40hp

Don

rman
04-22-2007, 06:50 AM
dude that's a ton of money for a pulley, that is insane.

kyo216
04-22-2007, 08:40 AM
I have owned a c280 for 6 years now. I have bossted it over 400hp, I have blown 4 (or was it 5?) auto trannys in it.

It will be stand alone soon, 2 reasons. The MB throttle body is SHIT, and even with 2 piggy backs I poped 3 head gaskets under 12 psi in the past.

My father has worked for the same mercedes dealership for 23 years, is a MB master tech, been within a few spots of the free trip to germany quite a few times (big disappointment to me) and the dealership installing an aftermarket part DOES NOT MAKE IT SAFE.

If I can convince my partner in turbobenz to do MegaSquirts, we will give much better results for your same 600+$

HE CAN NOT GIVE YOU AN ACCURATE RESULT ON A AUTO CAR.

I CAN.

I love mercedes, and people constantly qestion my driving, and how my car survives, I say that is why I drive this car, if it were an american car it would have fallen apart on day 1.

please, feel free to check out www.turbobenz.com see what we will be turning out soon, and think... Do you want parts from a tuner claiming MPG gains, and 20hp off a lightweight pulley, or a laptop tuneable stand alone, and turbo setup?

Don

uhhhh obviously a luxury sedan wasn't build to handle that kind of hp....so are you really surprised that you went through so many transmissions and blew head gaskets even under low psi? did you reinforce anything?

C280/////AMG
04-22-2007, 08:55 AM
Omey, I have to say tho, $650 is alot of money for a pulley. I understand that it will make a considerable difference, but still...

RacerX,
1) you must understand that most people here don't have access to a 3.2l for $650. If that were the case, everyone would have done the mod by now.
2) When you modded your 280, did you change the cylinder compression (rings, pistons, etc) at all?
3) I think you're being a bit optimistic to put 400hp through a gearbox that's designed for a car with 200hp and expect it not to break.

RacerXofFL
04-22-2007, 09:37 AM
yep, all things are true. Bottom end was stock, and I will show you all soon, many people have run 9psi on the same boar stroke compression. Its a non issue. Th problem was I couldnt pull time. The trans was not ment for what I was doing, this is very true, So I looked at all my options, the C36 used the 722.3 (or 4) which was the same as the 500sl, and renntech was running 500+ hp through them no issues.

But I chose to swap to the 717.430, which I did about 2 years ago, and its ready for boost now, 500hp driveshafts, and 3.27LSD out back. I wont boost it again till I go full standalone though.

I love the m103/104's I have sucked up water a few times, run them 4 qts low, etc etc. They are bullet proof, the 103 and cis was much nicer imo, but for making power their no beating the m104 if it had a standalone.

Only things failing on the cis cars were ezl's and 1 coil... stock 104 will drive you nuttz chasing electrical problems with their enviromentially friendly wiring from the mid 90's it was a german thing, very bad.

I dont wana take the air outa this, but Ive had my crank pulley off more then once, I do not see 17hp gains in this pulley.

I also say the swap is not done without a standlone. I will be offering standalones and turbo mani's by end of year for all m104's

Don

RemoLexi
04-22-2007, 03:16 PM
even though it may seem alot of money, but think about it - its just a pulley and such a simple part but has a very good effect. sure an engine swap is nice but its much easier to install a pulley then an engine. imagine doing both. :)

RacerXofFL
04-22-2007, 03:20 PM
Hey, I like handing my money out, 650$ I spent double that on my front door speakers (diamond audio hex 3 ways) I would really consider buying one. Not to be a prick to everyone else, Im one of the only cars that can truly dyno test this pulley and should get a break to show you all a full pull in 3rd gear.

I mean, the only reason my swap was so cheap I got the motor right (round 1000$ delivered to a buisness) and got a slave to help swap it (Blind) and sold him my old motor for 400$ for his 190 (my old car, he got it for 500$) You should see what hes doing to it. We will have a m104 standalone turbo setup for under 2K if I can convince him to use the MegaSquirts, otherwise about 3500$ managed.

Don

RacerXofFL
04-22-2007, 05:37 PM
You can put me in slot 1 when their ready.

Don

Pagz
04-22-2007, 06:27 PM
Pully sounds great Omey,
Will be very interesting to see the dyno results!...I may have missed somthing but do you plan to do before and after runs?...

Also Unorthodox were going to charge me 600US+ to replicate mine and that was without the rubber insert!!(plus shipping+tax)
So your prices dont seem unreasonable from a manufacturing cost point.

Regards,
Paul

RemoLexi
04-22-2007, 07:55 PM
Omey ... think "M111" .... cmon man your killing me!! :D

RemoLexi
04-22-2007, 09:07 PM
Hell yea ! but I hope I still have my car up until then! LOL :)

Im satisfied with the prices I just want that damn pully for my M111 nonK already!!

RacerXofFL
04-23-2007, 06:50 AM
you could do something that would make me pay you extra....

if you could offer a 36-1 option this would be worth its weight in gold.

Don

blind26
04-23-2007, 06:55 AM
you could do something that would make me pay you extra....

if you could ovver a 36-1 option this would be worth its weight in gold.

Don

x2... This would definantly be a viable option to those that want to go standalone later on and prevent them from having to rig up an additional 36-1 wheel...

C280/////AMG
04-23-2007, 09:40 AM
You can put me in slot 1 when their ready.

Don

RacerX, you're really confusing me...firstly you say that you've run your motor with no pulley, and don't see how it can produce the power gains claimed by omey. You then basically imply that there are better ways to spend $650. Then in the next breath you want to be the first person to get omey's pulley??? :confused: :confused:

RacerXofFL
04-23-2007, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by C280/////AMG
motor with no pulley

lol... and how did I have a water pump.

I dont like his pulley. I have better products coming to market.

I want to put his on a dyno to show it will not gain 17000hp .

I have a 5 speed manual 3.2L I will make videos of the pulley change and dyno pulls.

650$ is nuthing compared to what I spend each year on cars, and on the reverse side, if it does work I'll have the first bitches :p

C280/////AMG
04-23-2007, 10:15 AM
This is gonna be interesting!!!

RacerXofFL
04-23-2007, 10:28 AM
Well mabby calling it his pulley and stuff is too negative. I think it has its place.

17000hp might be a little over shot, but im thinking 10 would be impressive enough for 650$

Don

Ashkan's C280
04-23-2007, 01:40 PM
sign me up for one

RacerXofFL
04-23-2007, 02:53 PM
There are 2 amg's talked bout in this thread, the 55, or 36 is getting dyno'ed?

AirPost
04-23-2007, 05:32 PM
There are 2 amg's talked bout in this thread, the 55, or 36 is getting dyno'ed?

Just reading the earlier threads,

-He does not have a C280 or C36 (yet)
-He has an E55 AMG in which he installed the pulley and did a dyno test so....
the after dyno would be for the E55
...:o

300EVO
04-23-2007, 05:45 PM
Omey, I didn't see any pulley pics on this thread. Are there some posted somewhere else?

AirPost
04-23-2007, 05:48 PM
http://www.club202.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11871&highlight=pulley

RacerXofFL
04-23-2007, 06:07 PM
Hello Don,

thanks for the support but I think I am just gonna sell the E55 soon and get a C36 AMG and do the tests myself b/c I have a whole M104 product line up coming out. thanks again though :)

~Omey~

see page one, why keep talking about the e55, i mean this is club 202 RIGHT?

c36 is a 202... and hes been showing pics and making claims for months:

http://www.club202.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11871

I mean that was 2/9/07, that was 2.5 months ago...

300EVO
04-23-2007, 06:11 PM
VERY NICE! Thanks AirPost.

Nitrogenbalance
04-23-2007, 06:20 PM
Maybe he is posting the products with his E55 for the C43 crowd as we share the same M113 and many parts.

AirPost
04-23-2007, 06:24 PM
Dude, chill out. He's trying to help out the other fellas here. Give the guy some respect.

Once you have your own mods out, you would appreciate the same respect too. ;)

jnolte
04-23-2007, 08:41 PM
cant wait to see results!

Ashkan's C280
04-26-2007, 12:46 PM
RacerXofFL what is your problem? Seriously man don't be a jerk, he is just trying to get some parts made for us, if you can do that better, by all means go for it, and i'll buy everything you make, until then give the guy a break.

Nitrogenbalance
04-27-2007, 04:44 AM
thx nitrogen, you are smarter than some others on this forum :) haha.

....brilliant I am!!! :D

c55m8o
04-27-2007, 06:29 AM

It will be stand alone soon, 2 reasons. ....
Well there ya go. ...It's the "do it right the 1st time" idea and all that... The dude who did my engine swap built his own turbo specific motor using various parts from the MB part bin from the C280 and C36 for his hi boost C36 -- and of course, wouldn't have considered anything -but- stand-alone from the beginning. Then again, he knows what he's doing with MBs unlike any other I've ever met. He uses a Motec. Only complaint he ever uttered was finding head gaskets to handle the boost.

Unlike what I gather of you if somewhat contradictory, he's a complete anti-hater of MBs. He loves them. He makes a living at them as a main and side job, much to benefit of me and coolcarskic43 (now ProjectC55). A grown up with kids but still a lust for hopped-up NA and especially boosted MBs and Porsches that he's always turning a wrench on ... and never ever is one to have a need to be mean and disrespectful. Now there's a man that I would what want to know what he has to say about this and would listen to his seasoned, measured, and sound advise instead of inconsistent & contradictory rantings and flamings I come to read here...

c55m8o
04-27-2007, 06:32 AM
Originally posted by AirPost
He has an E55 AMG in which he installed the pulley and did a dyno test so....
the after dyno would be for the E55
...:o ...which will be perfect for a some of us! Looking forward to it.

C280/////AMG
04-27-2007, 09:03 AM
TOUCHè c55 and Nitrobalance!!!

RacerX, why the bitterness?

COME ON EVERYONE, GIVE HIM SOME SUGAR!!! Give him a hug!!

blind26
04-27-2007, 09:53 AM
RacerX is actually not that bad of a guy, just comes across as a 'hardass' online ;)
/now i'm going to get flamed for this

He's pretty critical when you work with him on projects because he wants to see things work to their fullest... Not trying to make excuses for him, just giving you insight into his 'logic'...

I'm still eager to see the numbers on these pullies... Would definantly be nice to lighten up the rotating mass of those cranks...

RacerXofFL
04-27-2007, 10:02 AM
And I'll make people bust their asses to learn a lesson like when I made Blind pull his 190e 2.6 motor on jack stands.

Then when we swapped mine I pulled the trans and the front half and he was like "why did you make me do all that work"

I'm only bitter BC I see no logic in his numbers.
He put out a "teaser" months ago.
My mother know's dynoing an auto is useless.
When I boosted my c280 I was 19 years old and doing it right would have been nice, but truth be told I paid someone, now I'm doing it all over at much higher expense myself so I know its done right the first time.

I staged power train.
I am staging fuel/electronics.
Lastly boosting.

I'm just thinking that I have money, I want to give him said money, so I can help prove or disprove his claims so all of YOU can make informed decisions.

Flame me all you want.

Don

xvvvz
04-27-2007, 10:47 AM
>>I can help prove or disprove his claims so all of YOU can make informed decisions.<<

Independent test are great for everyone. If the item is good, it gives the manufacturer credibility. If there is a problem, then it can point those out too. Also, since he has a manual tranny his car should be perfect for the dyno test.

snead888
04-27-2007, 11:04 AM
well, i better start saving for this, but really want to see the dyno's on a c280 before i spend the money.

c55m8o
04-27-2007, 12:50 PM
Great news. I'm looking forward to the long-term reliability confirmation too, and hearing from you as the months go on, that the belts aren't being eaten and that there's no affect on the crank seals and bearings. Someone's always got to be 1st, whether all turns out 100% or some issues crop up and the product is revised/tweeked to correct it, right? ;)

edit: btw, what altitude are you at and what temperature was the dyno taken at? Also, were the runs taken on the same dyno hook-up; i.e. same day with close to the same temp and humidity?

c55m8o
04-27-2007, 01:02 PM
Thanx for that. Ya, I brought up the altitude and temperature question because there's a lot of disparity between my and Carl's 5.4L measurements and yours.

p.s. Carl's recently put in Kleeman cams, Kleeman Headers, and custom exhaust on his C43/55, so me thinks he'll be very interested in this. He should be putting down sick numbers. Now we need him to do Jeff's intake and manifold modz ... look-out! ;)

c55m8o
04-27-2007, 04:08 PM
Kewl, that explains it. Yep, sounds about right. I peaked @ 306 rw hp and about 325 rw ft-lb @ close to sea level.

c280nz
04-27-2007, 06:50 PM
those are good results omey!!! congratualtions on basically finishing the m113 pully!
i should have dynoed my 280 after (being now) my lightweight flywheel to see the gain over stock for reducing the mass on the m104 crank, i took out 8+kg and can confirm like you say the best gain is through the low to mid range torque :-)
i wana v8 tho! those are some impressive numbers :cool:

RacerXofFL
04-27-2007, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by c55m8o
edit: btw, what altitude are you at and what temperature was the dyno taken at? Also, were the runs taken on the same dyno hook-up; i.e. same day with close to the same temp and humidity?

Yes, same question, when was the base pull made.

Did you do "3 dealer hours" worth of work swapping back to stock, then switching back to new pulley?

The results look great, if they were same day pulls, and if you say the m104 has a larger weight reduction I think I'll be really happy with my decsion to be first in line :p

RacerXofFL
04-27-2007, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by c280nz
i should have dynoed my 280 after (being now) my lightweight flywheel to see the gain over stock for reducing the mass on the m104 crank, i took out 8+kg and can confirm like you say the best gain is through the low to mid range torque :-)

I've been meaning to ask you, did you add the 3 segments?

Do you have a cad file of your flywheel, I need to make one myself. With a little modification.

Thanks,
Don

P.S. How bout we both dyno and see how the flywheel stacks up against the swap?

Bet your real close, I need a new ecu to add fuel, I'm leaned out.

C280/////AMG
04-28-2007, 05:59 AM
Nice, now M104! :)

c280nz
04-28-2007, 01:19 PM
i dont understand how that works omey, and are interested in the reason why, as i may learn something-
so why is there a difference between spinning mass on either end of the crank? i would have thought since there all solid joined there would be similar results to be had - please explain
-sorry for taking this sortof off topic i guess???

c280nz
04-29-2007, 01:41 AM
i just had a look around and alot of peoples views seem to be that they show similar yeilds, weither you take weight off the crank pully or the flywheel, you still taking it directly off the crank.
im just confused now.

what gear/ road speed was that dyno graph done at?, it only says rpm and not road speed

im impressed that you are including the harmonic dampner on the pulley tho, this seems a must and without it pully changes are not reccomended,
did you have to tune the dampening to a certain engine rpm?

C280/////AMG
04-30-2007, 06:46 AM
Hey omey, i was thinking about this pully idea, and then the thought cropped up. I donno how to put this into words, but i'm gonna try.

Say you're at a standstill. you then accelerate with a fairly firm foot on the accelerator, but not flat (say enough for the engine to reach 4000rpm before shifting into second gear). Then at 4000rpm, the gearbox shifts to 2nd gear, and hence, hou carry on accelerating.

Now, when your engine is spinning at 4000rpm, it has a certain inertia. Now, when your gearbox shifts into second gear, the drivetrain is basically pulling the engine down to lower rpm, and hence applying a resistant force to this inertia of the crank.

Now, since the aluminium crank pulley has less mass, it has less inertia, therefore the entire crank has less inertia.

Now, surely if you change the mass of the crank, the transmission won't shift as smoothly as it did before as the gearbox is tuned for a specific 'crank mass'. In other words, the gearbox clutches and pressure settings are tuned for that crank mass?

Did you notice a change in the smoothness of the shift after you fitted the pulley in your E55?

C280/////AMG
04-30-2007, 09:52 AM
actually shifting is smoother now b/c the engine can be bogged down more freeling and shifts are slightly quicker it seems but other all it wasn't enough of a difference to really advertise it as such. But you will noticed improve shifting as well. Also the tranny does not need to downshift as much in certain situations (like going up a hill where you used to have to downshift, now b/c of more torque it stays in the higher gear). Great question, hope that helps

Thanks omey, sounds like i'm gonna get one. Just waiting for dyno results from the M104 (and especially RacereX's dyno, as he has a manual) and your findings after driving it for a while.

What do you mean by 'the engine can be bogged down more'?

RacerXofFL
04-30-2007, 10:03 AM
due to the lack of rotating mass. If you were to rev to 6K and turn your key off it might take 3 seconds for your motor to stop turning. Mine would take 4 by example. My weight has more inertia to keep it moving. We could have the same engine, oil and everything, but you saved how may Kg on you flywheel...

Don

RacerXofFL
04-30-2007, 12:13 PM
Why would I do that: when ever I shutdown a coil due to a few reasons, you can hot cycle the ecu without the engine ever coming to a stop and you will get your coil back.

Why my car has done it, bad harness, bad coil, and a cracked plug... Im cursed. All 3 have happened to me, and many other ppl with the harness... hence the sliced up fingers today, was splitting harnesses to make Blind and myself new harnesses for standalones.

cheers!

snead888
05-07-2007, 06:55 PM
your awsome omey. i am getting a summer job so i should be able to afford it, cant wait to see dynos for c280 or some other small v6.

jnolte
05-07-2007, 07:15 PM
wat happended to the m113 one

RemoLexi
05-09-2007, 06:50 AM
M111 M111 M111

c55m8o
05-09-2007, 07:03 AM
Hey guys,
Good news. C43 pulley ahead of schedule. Should be here by end of may hopefully. Just wanted to keep you C43 guys in the loop for those of you interested in making some power. hope that helps. ttyl Now I'm confused. I thought the E55 pulley was the same as the C43 pulley (same M113 engine and ancillaries) and, as the focus of this thread starts, that is done.

RacerXofFL
05-09-2007, 07:29 AM
Correct me if im wrong:

It is installed on his car, and being tested before sale. He dosent want to sell a pice that is going to split in 2.

He is going to have them in production any day now.

Stage 2 of this thread is the M104 he should have an engineering sample for himself soon, and I am first in line for retail.

Ashkan's C280
05-09-2007, 12:22 PM
correction again, I believe I am first in line to get one... wink wink omey

RacerXofFL
05-09-2007, 12:26 PM
Well when their retail Ill take one, if you want I have dyno access and the toos to install on site... So if you get me one soon I can give you 3.2L before and afters...

Don

4th post in this thread, and I posted in previous thread. 1st person with cash in hand that I know of. One of two 5 speed 280's on the board...

:P

RacerXofFL
05-09-2007, 12:27 PM
yes you are Ashkan :) .

BAH!

great now I get to see people brag about how great it is first... lol

RacerXofFL
05-09-2007, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by Ashkan's C280
sign me up for one

4th page of me getting flamed....

oh well...

c55m8o
05-09-2007, 01:16 PM
yes correct, getting everything tested to make sure its bulletproof.... and I am proud to say it is. no issues. Actually the E55 pulleys are not the same believe it or not hence the extra work needed. C43 and also V6 C280 versions will arrive soon. thanks and have a nice day. OK, I have a E55 engine in my C43 ... which do I need?! <grin> jk, I'm sure it's the E55 version, but lemme know if that's not right.

Logic
05-09-2007, 03:16 PM
i know you say it might be a while for us c230 guys but i was wondering would there be like a super charger pulley and crank case combo to set both worlds?
DES

1999 c230 kompressor sport

Logic
05-09-2007, 03:23 PM
would the pulley be the same size or would you decrease the size to spin the super charger faster?

digital2620
05-29-2007, 09:08 PM
So for a C230K, if you had a crank pulley AND a Supercharger pulley, what would it cost as a set?

And when could you get it?

Proven Guilty
05-29-2007, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by digital2620
So for a C230K, if you had a crank pulley AND a Supercharger pulley, what would it cost as a set?

And when could you get it?

the crank pulley and the supercharger are one in the same. the ASP pulley kit raises boost midly to about 8.5-9lbs of boost from a stock 5-5.5lbs and the entire "kit" for a '99 runs about $1100 + core deposit. they basically just fab a ring over the stock pulley to make the diameter larger, and using a larger belt it spins the supercharger quicker, creating more boost than originally designed. the M45 used on the M111 Kompressors is actually quite strong, and designed to handle close to 12lbs of boost, so the longevity factor isn't really reduced at all.

the kit for the '98-99 models includes colder spark plugs, piping to relocate the MAS, as well as an upgraded fuel preassure regualtor.

the REAL deal though, is if you can find a boxed kleeman kit. they are pure sex! the 2000 models use a lot of different components in the engine that are redisigned and carry over into the W203s, so you don't need all that other stuff, just the pulley.

hope that helps ;)

C280/////AMG
06-02-2007, 08:46 AM
Hey omey, regarding the Exhaust manifold that you're planning to manufacture for the M104: Does ot take into consideration right hand drive models with their steering box just below the manifold?

joshm38
06-02-2007, 10:38 PM
so your making headers and exhaust for a c280? when will you be done i have a 99 c280 and cant wait hope to have this on before socaleuro

RacerXofFL
06-03-2007, 08:07 AM
I do not think he is doing anything above a 97. He has oly talked of M104's coming soon.

correct me if I'm wrong.

joshm38
06-03-2007, 08:32 AM
he mentioned something about it a while back thats why i asked him..

mike mac
07-03-2007, 06:21 AM
so when would this pully me done for the 104 motor? i have a 97 c280 with an Inline 6

C280_Spawrt
07-17-2007, 03:34 AM
'00 C280 V6

OMEY PUT ME DOWN FOR 1!!!!!!!!!!!