PDA

View Full Version : installed custom cai, now boost/blow off valve doesnt work

sirwhite4
04-21-2007, 06:00 PM
yes, its plugged in correctly...anyone else have this problem? obviously the cel came on too...this car sucks without boost and im freaking out!

Nelson Lago
04-21-2007, 07:21 PM
ahhh dud superchargers dont have blow off valves mabe boost is leaking out of your intake ya i thinks thats it

Len013091
04-21-2007, 08:43 PM
I think the bypass valve may not be shutting. Try this: Start your car and unplug the bypass valve, then plug it back in, if it doesn't make noise, then somethings wrong with it. Or, you might have dislodged the wires further on down the line going to the valve when you did the install.

Pagz
04-22-2007, 12:47 AM
As above^^ sounds like a fault with the Bypass or bypass wiring,check the magnetic clutch wiring also.

Can you get a few pics?

sirwhite4
04-22-2007, 05:07 AM
len-i did that...basically, my car didnt feel right, loss of power etc. on the test drive, so i (during idle) unplugged the bypass valve wire harness and plugged it back in. it made the cel come on, and it still didnt work. i should follow those wires though and check the rest of it, good idea.

23k-agreed. btw, where is the clutch? and ill get pics up soon, hopefully later today.

nelson-it has a boost release valve.

kyo216
04-22-2007, 08:37 AM
try putting your stock airbox back and see if it fixes it.

Len013091
04-22-2007, 09:05 AM
Yes, if it still doesn't work after the stock reinstall, then the wires probably got dislodged on down the line. I want to see some pictures as I have thought about this for my car, but I can't seem to find a way to get the filter mounted to the bypass valve.

Pagz
04-22-2007, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Len013091
Yes, if it still doesn't work after the stock reinstall, then the wires probably got dislodged on down the line. I want to see some pictures as I have thought about this for my car, but I can't seem to find a way to get the filter mounted to the bypass valve.

Hey,You could make a flange like this and attach it to a filter,but if your not to keen on the bypass noise then weld the flange onto the CAI.

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/3/web/735000-735999/735658_134_full.jpg

Pagz
04-22-2007, 12:16 PM
Sirwhite4,
The magnetic clutch is part of the SC pully which is found on the front of the supercharger,you will notice a cable coming from the pully which will be plugged into the engine loom just above the water/coolant pump...check the wires arnt damaged or dislodged.

I will be amazed if replacing the OE filter box will solve the problem but ya never know=)

Nelson Lago
04-22-2007, 12:24 PM
i know it has a overboost valve but not a blow off i still think is might be leaking out of your cai try putting your stock box on i know its a pain but you never know and what is the CEL on for check

Pagz
04-22-2007, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Nelson Lago
i know it has a overboost valve but not a blow off i still think is might be leaking out of your cai try putting your stock box on i know its a pain but you never know and what is the CEL on for check

The VDO bypass on the C230K effectively relieves pressure when the throttle is closed,the same way as a blow off valve does on a turbo car,the main difference being one is opened electronicly and the other is opened on a vaccum signal from the plenum.

Blow of valve = Bypass

sirwhite4
04-22-2007, 04:12 PM
i reinstalled the factory air cleaning system to see if the valve will start working again. if not, ill probably have them scan it...might need a new valve :(

check out my thread in the performance section with PICS of my cai and custom piece!!

sirwhite4
04-24-2007, 03:43 AM
dealership scanned my car and said the s/c was bad. new one costs $2150. i tested the car though, and the bypass valve does not close under acceleration. a new one is like 65 bones so im going to replace that and hopefully ill be good!!!

xvvvz
04-24-2007, 06:13 AM
I would search the archives here for threads about supercharger problems before I took the stealership's advice. There are multiple things that can cause errors which will make the ECU not allow the SC to kick in.

Pagz
04-24-2007, 02:40 PM
....Like there is any sensor that says the "SC is bad" lol,
Try replacing the bypass make sure you get money back if it doesnt work...man same shit different person i HATE the stealership.

sirwhite4
04-27-2007, 01:58 PM
VDO Bypass valve-$490.00
im not even sure this is the problem, all i know is that it isnt closing. if i cant randomly fix the problem ill probably just have mb diagnose it. :(

SLAMMED_C
04-27-2007, 04:39 PM
are you sure the plug is in right for teh bypass valve? Im pretty sure it can be connected the wrong way around.. try unplugging it and flip the connector around, plug it back in. then remove the battery cable for 5 mins to clear the code.
the dealership can diagnose it and test it with their computer.
it isnt a common part to be replaced to my knowledge.. but they haev been known to go.

sirwhite4
04-27-2007, 08:16 PM
its a 3 pin and only plugs in one way...i checked that! dammit

sirwhite4
04-28-2007, 05:12 PM
can the kompressor clutch be replaced independantly of the kompressor, or are they one unit?

Cru328prod
04-28-2007, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by sirwhite4
can the kompressor clutch be replaced independantly of the kompressor, or are they one unit?

Someone told me a while back you can weld the clutch down and it'll always be on, but i don't know how true that is

sirwhite4
04-28-2007, 07:41 PM
sounds sketchy...for now id rather keep the blower oem

Nelson Lago
04-28-2007, 07:46 PM
CRANK UP THE BOOST i know you have non but when you do

Pagz
04-28-2007, 08:01 PM
Hey,
Yes the clutch can be removed and replaced without replacing the SC,have you found fault with it??

To clear things up alittle...
You have been into the dealership and had the codes pulled?...If so what exactly did they say was at fault?

Its extremely wierd that you have this issue after altering the intake system as you effectivly done very little to the electrical side bar unplugging and plugging back in the bypass...I still suspect a broken/dislodged wire somwhere...which is most likely to accure at the plug where wires are crimped.

sirwhite4
04-29-2007, 08:12 AM
i havent found fault with the clutch, i asked b/c i was doing some searching here and found other people had that problem...

they pulled two codes i think (unfortunately i didnt write them down) and the dealership guy said it was the supercharger. they did only a relatively quick scan, it wasnt a full on diagnosis, so i suspect that theres something else that is the problem. im debating on whether or not to take it back to them...im at kind of a loss, i live in sioux falls sd and i doubt theres anyone indie around here who i could trust with the car....

my thought was that wire harness too. heres what happened: i installed my aftermarket components, then took it for a drive. i could feel there wasnt any power, and i suspected the vdo valve, so while the car was running, i unplugged the wire harness to it and replugged it back in. this made the cel come on, of course, but it didnt change how it ran. i think today ill try unplugging the batty to reset and see if the cel comes on again.