PDA

View Full Version : Help you smart people

newbenz2
05-02-2007, 03:34 AM
I have a few question for a motor I'm building...
What size rods does the c36 have?
What red-line is a stock c36?
What are the cam specs on a c36 vs 2.8 m104
Also where can I find a valve cover with out the dip for the intake tube near the rear?

I'm building a turbo m104 for my 190e 16v and I Have a regular c280 m104 but just picked up a 350sdl crank for it and I'm trying to figure a few things out.... I plan on having crower to make me rods and probably j/e making me pistons... Farrea is doing my valve train...... I plan on using the gtk 850 turbo and Have a t56 tranny with a tilton twin disc carbon clutch. I plan on lowering the compression to either 8.5 to 1 or 8 to 1 if I also spray nitrous...

Please post your imput.....

newbenz2
05-02-2007, 12:37 PM
Anybody?

Proven Guilty
05-02-2007, 12:57 PM
i may be wrong, but i believe this information is available in the owner's manual. reason i suggest, is a gentleman in greece did a similar conversion stroking c180 to a c220 which gave hime bore, stroke, etc stats.

your best bet on the notchless cover would be ebay. an image google serach could give you a ballpark figure of the redline of a C36, or looking at cars for sale on ebay since they always have worthless pics in them such as the tach and needles.

i'd figure you'd be better off using the diesel crank in a 3.2L m104 if you're going turbo, unless your intentions with the smaller displacement is to make it rev high.

good luck with the project, and don't forget to post pictures. what is your budget like for this?

newbenz2
05-02-2007, 03:16 PM
there is no budget.... I'm going all out.... If it takes me longer so be it... I'm gonna build it mean..... I'm shooting for around 800hp mark...
Kevin

Proven Guilty
05-02-2007, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by newbenz2
there is no budget.... I'm going all out.... If it takes me longer so be it... I'm gonna build it mean..... I'm shooting for around 800hp mark...
Kevin

Smells like bullshit. Kudos if you stick with it though. :p what are your plans with Farrea doing the valvetrain? and i'm curious on your plans to make the bottom end to be able to handle that kind of power! :bunny:

cooling system is going to need a complete overhaul too.

is this going to be a drag strip trailer queen, or you plan to track it? curious about the rear end too, but for that kind of power i'd probably go with an american solid rear with custom driveshaft married to it, or silvia..

newbenz2
05-02-2007, 09:22 PM
Well for the rear end I talked with "the drive shaft shop" and I'm going to use a supra rear end. The company claims they can make axles that will bolt up to the rear end and the other side of the cv's will go right in the hubs.. So that is my plan for that.. I'm going to have my crank cryofused and have the the weights knifed. As for the rods and pistons plans are to have crower or oliver make me rods and also have j/e make me pistons. I'm unsure at this time If I can get the block o-ringed because the colling jackets are so near the cylinder walls. This is going to be made for a fun track/street car.... It will be good on the street cause I will probably wont boost to much.. I just want a really fun car to drive.... Right now in my 86 16v I installed cams and soon it will get itb's and the spectre ems pro... also I'm going to see about making a crank scraper/ stud gurdle for the lower end in hopes to keep it togeather... I'm a tig welder/cnc operator by trade... so most of the fab will not be to bad... But for some of the bigger hings i will source out. For my stainless header I'm going to use 321 stainless. I'm going to a company called "Burns stainless" for the turbo collector (6 to 1) I also have a pretty neat throttle body design that I want to make and use on the car... I'm not going to use a front mount intercooler either... I purchased "Laminova" intercoolers. They are a water to air style that uses a separate cooling system. The intercoolers are mounted inside your intake manifold... So it will be a sleeper if you might say.....

I'm doing this to help promote my new business (FineWhine Performance) and to have a really fun car that I know I can womp on just about anything on the highway....

Thanks again.
Kevin

newbenz2
05-02-2007, 09:26 PM
Oh forgot... as for the valvetrain.... They are going to make new valves out of super alloy (Same as a top fuel dragster) and make them lighter and stonger.... Also they will be making me customs springs and retainers when I figure out what lift and duration I'm gonna use for the cams... If the m104 is similar to the 16v the valves start to "float" the last 1000 rpm and I really don't want that.... As for port and polishing... that will be done on a bench tester by DMPE. Cant wait to see the motor done....
Kevin

Pagz
05-03-2007, 03:36 PM
Sounds Interesting,iv got alittle 321 stainless on mine but not much,pretty expensive stuff but is the way to go if your going stainless.

Goodluck keep us udated=)

newbenz2
05-04-2007, 12:19 PM
No prob... I'm moving into a new building soon.. So I will post pics when I take out the 16v motor and replace it with the m104 and start the manifold project....
Thanks everyone.
Kevin
P.S. If you guys need any custom parts from shifter bushings to camber plates let me know... I'm gonna start producing lots of stuff... So if you have any suggestions please email them to finewhineperf at i2k.com