PDA

View Full Version : Looking for steps or pictures on the MAS relocation

Cru328prod
05-07-2007, 09:06 AM
Does anyone have any ideas? i've been wanting to do this for a while now, and yes i did search lol, and found 1 thing (broken link)

Proven Guilty
05-07-2007, 10:03 AM
it benefits the 98 and 99 C230 Kompressors, and SLK 230 Kompressors mainly, because of the design flaw in the intake. The torque range (1800-3800rpm) has been known to have a bit of turbulence coming out of the IC and flowing into the MAS, so instead of having the MAS connected to the metal pipe off the IC, you can fabricate a pipe (silicon recommended for least amount of heat absorbtion)

i have some pics from Lihn's installs (helped design the ASP pulley kit) for his step-by-step of the relocation, i can post pictures of. however, it's pretty straight forward.

Cru328prod
05-07-2007, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Proven Guilty
it benefits the 98 and 99 C230 Kompressors, and SLK 230 Kompressors mainly, because of the design flaw in the intake. The torque range (1800-3800rpm) has been known to have a bit of turbulence coming out of the IC and flowing into the MAS, so instead of having the MAS connected to the metal pipe off the IC, you can fabricate a pipe (silicon recommended for least amount of heat absorbtion)

i have some pics from Lihn's installs (helped design the ASP pulley kit) for his step-by-step of the relocation, i can post pictures of. however, it's pretty straight forward.

pictures will be greatly appreciated:D

Proven Guilty
05-07-2007, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Cru328prod
pictures will be greatly appreciated:D

even better man, i saved the entire page with pics in html format. download the zip from this link:

(Right-Click, Save target As..)

http://home.comcast.net/~tss.hsi/MAF_Relocation.zip

This how-to shows how if you're on a limited budget, you can reuse the existing pipe to relocate it. However, I would highly recommend using this simply as a template and keeping all your OEM pieces.

Just fabricating new pipes; not only so it's reversible, but it would provide even better results.

Cru328prod
05-07-2007, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by Proven Guilty
even better man, i saved the entire page with pics in html format. download the zip from this link:

(Right-Click, Save target As..)

http://home.comcast.net/~tss.hsi/MAF_Relocation.zip

This how-to shows how if you're on a limited budget, you can reuse the existing pipe to relocate it. However, I would highly recommend using this simply as a template and keeping all your OEM pieces.

Just fabricating new pipes; not only so it's reversible, but it would provide even better results.

Thank you very much. looks like i'll be doing somthing this weekend if i have off!!!!