PDA

View Full Version : Parking brake stuck on

rman
05-08-2007, 12:49 AM
changed all my rotors and pads, and the parking break indicator light is on

if i pull the brake release, sometimes it turns off, but it'll come back on, flicker, etc.

weird thing is it doesn't beep like the brake is left on.

BALLLR
05-08-2007, 06:21 AM
check ur brake fluid level...?

NISMOPOWERED
05-08-2007, 06:25 AM
next time try holding the release out and pull the pedal up with your foot. There is a TSB for this somewhere.

Proven Guilty
05-08-2007, 06:49 AM
which brake light is it, the break wear indictor, in the middle cluster with an amber color, or the parking brake light on the left with red color?

try stomping/releasing the parking brake about 10 times to adjust it. also helps to reverse + press the brake pedal down so the self-adjusting hardware can click itself back into place.

rman
05-08-2007, 07:05 AM
it's the red light, right aboce the cel.

i will try manually lifting the pedal and also reverse + brake today. thanks!

benzofanatic
05-08-2007, 09:33 PM
just out of curiousity, my parking break no longer makes that clicking sound as you push it down (just silent when u push it). it does seem to still work so im assuming this is not a big deal. has any one else had this happen as well?

sorry, i dont mean to thread-jack but since its about the same topic i thought i might ask.

rman
05-11-2007, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by BALLLR
check ur brake fluid level...?

DING DING DING!!!!

you were the smartest guy that day. thank you.

from m
"min" to "max" the problem is solved

Proven Guilty
05-11-2007, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by rman
DING DING DING!!!!

you were the smartest guy that day. thank you.

from m
"min" to "max" the problem is solved

the reason i didn't probe with this question, is because the brake fluid is supposed to be at it's highest point after you do a full set of rotors and pads all around.

this throws up a red flag, and i would pull the wheels and inspect all the lines and calipers mayng; they should all be bone dry - so check for ANY wetness or moisture.

when you reset the caliper piston orientation, it should push the fluid back up to the resevoir since you're actually taking away room for the fluid to be stored up in the assembly.

if everything checks out okay, at least you've got the problem solved now ;)

rman
05-12-2007, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by Proven Guilty
the reason i didn't probe with this question, is because the brake fluid is supposed to be at it's highest point after you do a full set of rotors and pads all around.

this throws up a red flag, and i would pull the wheels and inspect all the lines and calipers mayng; they should all be bone dry - so check for ANY wetness or moisture.

when you reset the caliper piston orientation, it should push the fluid back up to the resevoir since you're actually taking away room for the fluid to be stored up in the assembly.

if everything checks out okay, at least you've got the problem solved now ;)

not to worry - this was a careless error on my part. i didn't know the light was also a fluid indicator.

i bled the shit out of each corner with a hand held vaccuum bleeder pump thing when i reset the pistons. i'd estimate a good 4oz. i have 3 huge bottles of DOT3 but didnt have any DOT4 that day