View Full Version : supercharger / kompressor change how-to?

sirwhite4
05-25-2007, 11:08 AM
i think im going to change mine and would love to read a how to, does anyone have a link for one? thanks!

Pagz
05-25-2007, 11:30 AM
hey.
Can i ask why your changing the SC on a 2000 model?

Cheers,
Paul

sirwhite4
05-26-2007, 03:07 PM
man, its just been this fiasco...im so tired of it!

basically, my cel came on and i had the stealership diagnose it TWICE, just to make sure they had it figured out.

diagnoisis both times: replace maf (390 for the part) and sc (2150 for the part)

so i paid em for diagnosis and took my car home. i ordered a new bosch maf online (240) and a rebuilt sc from canadian (470).

the maf came first and i put it on which takes like 5 minutes. i reset my computer and started my car and PRESTO my sc works again!! everything was back to normal.

i call canadian and brian tells me i can return it less s/h charges, but advises that these go out around 120k (i have about 110K) and says i might want to put it on regardless. i kind of agree with him but im not sure yet.

i filed a complaint through the bbb with the stealership about their diagnosis. it worked, and they offered to reimburse me twice the diagnostic cost and also are going to apologize, which is very nice. oddly, when the high-up service dude called and talked to my dad (i was at work) he told my dad that the sc was actually bad and that it was leaking oil internally and the oil was clogging my maf. he also told my dad that the sc oil is circulated engine oil, which is not fucking true at all!! am i right?

i kind of want to install the rebuilt sc and send my old one back (200 core charge, so i have to send one of em back) just to ensure longevity. i would like to do it myself if its simple, but moving the belts looks like a pain in the ass. so im thinking about having a shop or the stealership do it. thats why im hoping theres a sweet how-to out there.

man, i sure could use some good advice here!!

Pagz
05-26-2007, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by sirwhite4
man, its just been this fiasco...im so tired of it!

basically, my cel came on and i had the stealership diagnose it TWICE, just to make sure they had it figured out.

diagnoisis both times: replace maf (390 for the part) and sc (2150 for the part)

so i paid em for diagnosis and took my car home. i ordered a new bosch maf online (240) and a rebuilt sc from canadian (470).

the maf came first and i put it on which takes like 5 minutes. i reset my computer and started my car and PRESTO my sc works again!! everything was back to normal.

i call canadian and brian tells me i can return it less s/h charges, but advises that these go out around 120k (i have about 110K) and says i might want to put it on regardless. i kind of agree with him but im not sure yet.

i filed a complaint through the bbb with the stealership about their diagnosis. it worked, and they offered to reimburse me twice the diagnostic cost and also are going to apologize, which is very nice. oddly, when the high-up service dude called and talked to my dad (i was at work) he told my dad that the sc was actually bad and that it was leaking oil internally and the oil was clogging my maf. he also told my dad that the sc oil is circulated engine oil, which is not fucking true at all!! am i right?

i kind of want to install the rebuilt sc and send my old one back (200 core charge, so i have to send one of em back) just to ensure longevity. i would like to do it myself if its simple, but moving the belts looks like a pain in the ass. so im thinking about having a shop or the stealership do it. thats why im hoping theres a sweet how-to out there.

man, i sure could use some good advice here!!

Hmmm,I see=)
Know exactly where your coming from!...Its always going to be hard if the other side is bias towards making money from your situation,you can do all the research in the world...but at the end of the day you have to trust somone at some stage...

Would have never thought of it myself,but if front seals on the SC are worn out it would be possible for it to leak into the SC lobe area where it would be transfered through to the combustion chamber,possibly damaging your MAF on the way...
The other possibilty is that you have huge amounts of blow-by and oil is making its way past the oil seperator into the airbox and then via the SC to the combustion chamber,also possibly damaging the MAF on the way....this could be what the dealer ment about "recirculated engine oil"...
you can check this by opening your filter box and looking for traces of oil where the pipe from the oil seperator enters the box.

Have you done 110K miles or km's?...
would have though the SC would last alot longer than that!,but i guess it comes down to Mntc,climate,usage etc.

As for removing the SC its really quite easy if you have the right tools...but im out of time today i need to go get ready for the dyno tuning tomorrow morning...

laters,
Paul

sirwhite4
05-27-2007, 09:49 AM
110,000 miles.

i forgot the mention that the cel light came on and the maf/sc stopped working RIGHT AFTER i installed an oiled k&n cone filter. i mean, on the test drive after installation it was messed up; before installation it was fine. im guessing the oil from the k&n clogged my maf which triggered something in the computer to shut off the sc. thats my guess!

id appreciate any advice you have 23k!!

hope your dyno goes well!!