PDA

View Full Version : car is really shaky at 120 km/h +

vcruiser
05-28-2007, 09:11 PM
hey

yeah after i got my h&rs installed on the c36 the ride became shaky when im on the highway goin about 120 km/h and over

i need to replace my shocks to bilstein sports to get a better drive eh ?

thanks

RemoLexi
05-28-2007, 09:31 PM
id say it could be your tires. just a guess it happen to me at 80MPH my car would have vibration I got new rubber and its smooth I couldnt believe it.

vcruiser
05-29-2007, 04:34 AM
that sucks. my tires are quite new.
i gotta go there anyway in a few days/ ill check it out

C280_Spawrt
05-29-2007, 06:00 AM
Did you get the cup kit? (H&R Shocks AND H&R Springs). That could be your problem, replace those shocks!

PS - I've got the cup kit and I don't shake till 127 - ish (mph)

OCKlasse
05-29-2007, 08:31 AM
how about did you get an alignment after you had the stuff put in?

Cru328prod
05-29-2007, 11:21 AM
You might want to get your tires balenced

Proven Guilty
05-29-2007, 11:57 AM
+1 with OCKlasse. I just recently dropped the W208, and it had a very obvious vibration and shake to it until we got it on the rack for a solid alignment.

I would have replaced the stock shocks as well - don't go cheap when you do either. How did your bushings, balljoints, and tie-rod ends look? You have to keep in mind that when you lower a car, you change it's entire center of gravity, and any of that old rubber that was on it's way out before, has an entirely new pivot point, especially on the wheel bearings.

I would:
-inspect the bearings, bushings, balljoints, tierods & steering shock
-change the stock shocks out with bilstein sports, or koni sports
-get an alignment

then go from there. don't forget to pick up Lensolo's stainless steel rear camber arms if you want the rear tires to be there 6k miles down the road.

C280/////AMG
05-29-2007, 12:06 PM
Sounds like wheel balancing.
Do you have spacers fitted? if so, what type?
I say try the cheapest solution first, then if that's not the case, try what Proven says.