PDA

View Full Version : For all who want that Double Din in your w202

Logic
05-30-2007, 07:12 AM
here is a link i have found that goes threw a double din install...actually if you look closer it looks a little bigger then a double din but i bet this technic would work for a after market double din decks also.. i will be doing this soon hopefully and maybe i can post how it goes... :banana: http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=3339

c55m8o
05-30-2007, 08:40 AM
With the COMAND retrofit, you are correct. Steve MBenzNL took the faceplate off my COMAND and transfered all the buttons to another faceplate. That replacement had the top extended with a strip [plastic? foam?] on top, blended in and painted, the same size as the piece of aluminum that was cut out between the two DIN openings. Scorche I think it is, is the person who made that faceplate. He's active on MBWorld.com (and other places I'm sure). Dunno if he will help anyone doing the COMAND on their own by providing that faceplate @ a cost, but you can ask.

Markland556
05-30-2007, 09:19 AM
exactly what i needed, only difference between that car and the one im getting is that mine is left and drive. Sweet.

Logic
05-31-2007, 08:02 AM
maybe we can call metra and see if there willing to make a kit that makes it easier on everyone :cool:

Markland556
05-31-2007, 08:52 PM
Then my car will look like a honda. Im not gunna sacrafice my CF trim for ABS plastic... LOL:p
The way shown on that site is exactly how im going to do it.

Logic
06-05-2007, 12:58 PM
true...abs would look funny but i was also looking for like a abs sheet that looks like carbon fiber ..i bet i could router it from the factory piece with a double din provision..hmmm LOL