PDA

View Full Version : Air-Horn Wiring Installation Guide?

Lowenhart
06-06-2007, 11:53 AM
the stock benz horn on c220 and c280 is low pitched. i wanted to install a louder horn. pep boys has some generic airhorns. it says simple installation, just connect the two wires to the existing horn's wires. anyone know where these wires are and how i can connect them? anyone done this themselves? do all pepboys horns work on a w202 mercedes? i searched the forum but there were no guides on this horn instiallation

Lowenhart
06-06-2007, 02:00 PM
i bought a generic horn at pepboys that says High Tone, how do i install it? the stock benz horn sounds so low tone

anf6789
06-06-2007, 04:10 PM
the 2 horns are in the front bumper they are black circles with trumpets on them, i guess you should just use the wires

Lowenhart
06-06-2007, 06:07 PM
i know ther somewhere behing the bumpers but how do i reach them? where i the wires i should connect to? if i remove the headlight i think i sill cant reach them. they are down below near the bumper side holes. if i remove the bumper how do i do it DIY?? is it hard? would i f*** up the bumper if i did it without raising the car up? if i connect the horn to the horn fuse in the fuse box, would that allow the horn to work there? or do i need to get at the stock horn wires in the bumper? seems such a hassle

OzC36
06-07-2007, 06:10 AM
Try your local auto electrician. It might be a lot cheaper than you think.

Lowenhart
06-07-2007, 08:16 AM
what about DIY?

Lowenhart
06-07-2007, 05:14 PM
anyone here know HOW to do this?????? is there any where i can connect the horn to?

69chevelle
06-07-2007, 06:50 PM

69chevelle
06-07-2007, 06:51 PM
I too have been wondering how to go about this. I plan to stick in an air horn similar to the ones on a locomotive engine or maybe I'll just go for the police car air horn sound. :D

Cru328prod
06-08-2007, 04:54 AM
i still don't have horns:( .........train horns next month for sureeeeeeeeeeeee

anf6789
06-08-2007, 11:59 AM
find the wires connected to the horns, splice them attach the new one. thats all i can guess. the horns are on the outside of the bumper grills. you can see the little trumpets when you look in the 2 brake ducts in the bumper

Cru328prod
06-08-2007, 12:03 PM
Awman to get to the horn you have two options, take that bottom plastic of, or take out tirewell i think. from there its just sitting on a bracket with 2 or 3 wires attached to it. It doesn't even look like a horn. To me it looks like a termostat.

Logic
06-10-2007, 10:42 AM
train horns???????? do i detect a red neck cru???? LOL

kevinzorz
06-12-2007, 01:14 PM
LMAO trains horns in your car is the sh*t son.

anyone know how much it will cost to put that in your
car?!

train horn:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkJwcR21VLk

Espresso
06-12-2007, 01:44 PM
Lowenhart, You are such a damn ricer..... And i hate saying that word.
Air horns on a Mercedes? COME ON....that is like..it's like putting CHROME on a Mercedes. Only a RICER would do it....right? You want an air horn, buy a damn 4x4

F***ing clown

You=
:chinese: + :Pirate:

:banana:

xvvvz
06-12-2007, 02:40 PM
A set of tuned horns that are louder than the standard horn would be nice. I am not talking about truck horns or train horns but something that is louder with a nice tone. There have been times when my horn has just not been able to get the attention of truck drivers as they started to invade my lane of the road.

kevinzorz
06-12-2007, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by xvvvz
A set of tuned horns that are louder than the standard horn would be nice. I am not talking about truck horns or train horns but something that is louder with a nice tone. There have been times when my horn has just not been able to get the attention of truck drivers as they started to invade my lane of the road.

I would totally agree on this, about a month ago I got into an accident. I was about to pull out of a parking lot, when some guy on the street to my right was backing up for some reason. He was traveling at about 1 mph coming straight at me. I couldnt back up as there were cars behind me, and I couldnt pull forward because there were cars zooming by. My only choice was to hold down the horn and hope that we would hear. Nope, 10 seconds later he crashes into me. "Didn't you hear the horn?" I asked
"Didn't hear a thing" he responded.
So the point is that the freaken horn is not loud enough!

kevinzorz
06-12-2007, 06:02 PM
has anyone looked at this video yet??
train horn:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkJwcR21VLk

SOOOO AWESOME!!!

xvvvz
06-12-2007, 06:22 PM
The second horn blast, which was slightly higher and definitely different from all the others, is like what I think would be great!

xvvvz
06-12-2007, 06:49 PM
Here is a place that probably sells what I want but there is no way to know which one sounds right just by the description.

http://www.rallylights.com/hella/horns.asp

Here is a good wiring tutorial from that site that might help you out:

http://www.rallylights.com/useful_info/horn_wiring.htm

livin503
01-19-2009, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Lowenhart
the stock benz horn on c220 and c280 is low pitched. i wanted to install a louder horn. pep boys has some generic airhorns. it says simple installation, just connect the two wires to the existing horn's wires. anyone know where these wires are and how i can connect them? anyone done this themselves? do all pepboys horns work on a w202 mercedes? i searched the forum but there were no guides on this horn instiallation

Pepboys horns are rice... sorry.