PDA

View Full Version : P0443?

Len013091
06-08-2007, 04:53 PM
I recently scanned my car after inspection, just for fun really, and I got a code P0443, which has something to do with the Evaporative Emission Control, anyone know what would cause this code? I tried searching but didn't find anything.

Espresso
06-08-2007, 05:50 PM
That is for the Purge Control Valve Circuit.

Len013091
06-08-2007, 06:26 PM
Oh, then the site with the indexes for those codes must be wrong. Anyway, whats a purge control valve do and where would I go about finding it on my car? I read about them on other vehicles, but I'm not sure where it goes on mine.

Espresso
06-09-2007, 07:02 PM
The purge control valve is part of the EVAP system, so the site was somewhat correct. Just not specific enough I guess. That perticular code is for the ELECTRICAL side of the PCV(not saying the PCV is OK, because if it doesnt work, it sends an electrical signal to the ECU).
It senses gasoline vapors. So your charcoal canister may be soaked in gasoline. This happens when the gas tank gets over filled.
This can lead to either too much vapor being pulled into an engine & causing high tailpipe readings, poor gas mileage, bad performance or not enough vapor causing a backup of pressure in the fuel system & MULTIPLE mil's. A tail-tail sign of too much pressure is a "hissing" gascap when you take it off to put fuel in the car.

Where it is on your car I have no idea.
Forgot to add. This article give a good explaination of the Mercedes Evap system
http://ezinearticles.com/?Checking-The-Mercedes-Benz-Fuel-Evaporation-Systems&id=362244